The Student Room Group

University Fees

My dad is a diplomat and I am living in the UK currently. However, I am not a British citizen. Although I have done my GCSEs and A Levels here in Britain. Will the British Universities still count me as an international student despite the fact that I have got a British education diplomas (GCSEs and A Levels). I cannot get British nationality until I finish my Uni so what will be the impact on my uni fees and funding. Will I have to pay the same fees for everything at Uni as an international student would or will I be different given the fact that I have done GCSEs and A Levels here in Britain?.
Original post by rocket2884
My dad is a diplomat and I am living in the UK currently. However, I am not a British citizen. Although I have done my GCSEs and A Levels here in Britain. Will the British Universities still count me as an international student despite the fact that I have got a British education diplomas (GCSEs and A Levels). I cannot get British nationality until I finish my Uni so what will be the impact on my uni fees and funding. Will I have to pay the same fees for everything at Uni as an international student would or will I be different given the fact that I have done GCSEs and A Levels here in Britain?.

You arent a british citizen, so unless you are an EU one, then you will be classed as international. Fees are just over double plus you will need a visa unless your dads status allows you yo be here . Education ceases to be free when you pass 18.
Original post by rocket2884

As your dad is a diplomat, does your home country not provide any financial support for you to continue your education?

Quick Reply

Latest