The Student Room Group

Deferral Fees

I have a conditional offer from Queen Mary University with a fee of 28900 GBP. If I apply for a deferral that is accepted, what will be my tuition fees in the deferred year, will it be the same as this year or will it change to next year's fees?
Original post by Aryan1906
I have a conditional offer from Queen Mary University with a fee of 28900 GBP. If I apply for a deferral that is accepted, what will be my tuition fees in the deferred year, will it be the same as this year or will it change to next year's fees?
Hi Aryan,

If you don't start studying until the following year then you'd need to cancel your application and reapply the following year. We wouldn't pay any fees to the university if you're not in study for that year. Thanks, Jason
Reply 2
Original post by SFE Jason
Hi Aryan,

If you don't start studying until the following year then you'd need to cancel your application and reapply the following year. We wouldn't pay any fees to the university if you're not in study for that year. Thanks, Jason
Thank you for the reply. My main agenda in asking this question was to know if after I get the deferral and decide to study in QMUL for the same course but in 2025, will my tuition fees be the same as the fees mentioned in the conditional offer of 2024, or will it be according to the new fee structure of 2025?
Original post by Aryan1906
Thank you for the reply. My main agenda in asking this question was to know if after I get the deferral and decide to study in QMUL for the same course but in 2025, will my tuition fees be the same as the fees mentioned in the conditional offer of 2024, or will it be according to the new fee structure of 2025?
You'd need to discuss that with the university regarding the fees they are requesting as it's them who determine how much they are charging. Thanks, Jason
In most cases the uni will apply the fees for the year that you are entering, not from the cycle in which you applied. But as above, contact them to confirm.
Hu Aryan,

If you have any further questions you can contact us on this platform.

Thanks, Drew

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending