The Student Room Group

Questions to ask an admissions tutor?

Hi,

I'm a student from Ireland applying through UCAS for the 2019 entry. This week coming we'll be having one of our past pupils, who is now a lecturer in politics and international relations at Oxford University and plays a part in admissions, to come into our school. She will give a talk to whoever is applying through ucas and answering any questions we may have about the application procedure for Oxford. I am hoping to apply to study Spanish, not politics, and so I am trying to come up with any questions to ask her, being aware of how big an opportunity it is to be able to grill an admissions tutor.

I was wondering if anyone would be so kind as to give me examples of questions to ask? I have a few of my own but I'm fearful of forgetting really important ones :smile:

Thank you!
tips and structure for personal statement?
how to prep for interviews?
Reply 2
Original post by riam2017
I was wondering if anyone would be so kind as to give me examples of questions to ask? I have a few of my own but I'm fearful of forgetting really important ones :smile:

What questions do you have?

Also, don't "grill" them... :wink:

PS. I've moved this to the University of Oxford forum.
Reply 3
Original post by Doonesbury
What questions do you have?

Also, don't "grill" them... :wink:

PS. I've moved this to the University of Oxford forum.

Thank you for your response,

I have the usual questions like how would you advise preparing for interviews, what to put in a personal statement (despite having completed mine) and the advantages of a degree from Oxbridge as opposed to one say from Manchester etc. I was just wondering if perhaps there were some glaringly obvious questions that I hadn't thought of.

Thank you again :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending