The Student Room Group

predicted grades

i’m doing a levels at open study college and i’m going to be applying to uni soon and they said that they don’t tell people their predicted grades. is there anyway i get them to give me my predicted so i know where i can apply
Reply 1
Have you received marks for essays / assignments etc - how do you think you are doing?
Reply 2
for bio and chem im doing good but for maths it’s a bit hit and miss
Reply 3
Original post by Ayoooshaaa
for bio and chem im doing good but for maths it’s a bit hit and miss

What do you want to do at Uni?
Reply 4
medicine
Reply 5
medicine

Useful list of entry requirements for all UK Med School here - https://www.medschools.ac.uk/media/2951/entry-requirements-document-2023-entry.pdf
Reply 6
i’m doing a levels at open study college and i’m going to be applying to uni soon and they said that they don’t tell people their predicted grades. is there anyway i get them to give me my predicted so i know where i can apply

Hi! I'm doing sociology for open study college and i emailed the exam team and they gave me my predicted grade. Try emailing them? even try giving them a call and explain your situation :smile:
Reply 7
Original post by cm77334
Hi! I'm doing sociology for open study college and i emailed the exam team and they gave me my predicted grade. Try emailing them? even try giving them a call and explain your situation :smile:

omg no wayyy that’s so cool. so you didn’t email your tutor for it? also i’m guessing your in year 13 so how did you find open study college?
Reply 8
omg no wayyy that’s so cool. so you didn’t email your tutor for it? also i’m guessing your in year 13 so how did you find open study college?

I graduated from school last year but unfortunately didnt get the grade I wanted for uni lmaooo so im on a gap year using osc for a different subject. The tutor i was given was useful to an extent but wouldnt mark any of my questions i practiced unless they were TMAs. I would recommend using the physics and maths tutor website as it is so helpful and helped me a lot last year! how are you finding it ?

oh and i also ended up going through my old school to give me a better predicted grade as i didnt believe the one osc gave me was to my ability and they wouldnt let me retake previous tmas :frown: im not sure what its like for your course but as long as you keep asking for help the tutor should provide you with a lot of information !!

i emailed my tutor for my predicted grade but he said i needed to email the exam admissions to find them out :smile:
(edited 11 months ago)
Reply 9
Original post by cm77334
I graduated from school last year but unfortunately didnt get the grade I wanted for uni lmaooo so im on a gap year using osc for a different subject. The tutor i was given was useful to an extent but wouldnt mark any of my questions i practiced unless they were TMAs. I would recommend using the physics and maths tutor website as it is so helpful and helped me a lot last year! how are you finding it ?

oh and i also ended up going through my old school to give me a better predicted grade as i didnt believe the one osc gave me was to my ability and they wouldnt let me retake previous tmas :frown: im not sure what its like for your course but as long as you keep asking for help the tutor should provide you with a lot of information !!

i emailed my tutor for my predicted grade but he said i needed to email the exam admissions to find them out :smile:

honestly yeah, the tutors are so useless like it’s so hard to get a good explanation over email lmaooo the one thing i’m worried about is the predicted grade part… cuz tbh the tma’s don’t even seem to be that good but it is what it is igz. also, how did you find the exam admissions email? cuz i’ve looked but can’t see one :smile:)

how did going through your own school work?
(edited 11 months ago)
Reply 10
the email is [email protected] and just type your OSC number and what your enquiry is!

the TMAs are a joke tbh, i went through my old school by emailing them and asking for a reference and told them the predicted grade i was most likely to get and then they wrote a new reference for me :smile:
Reply 11
Original post by cm77334
the email is [email protected] and just type your OSC number and what your enquiry is!

the TMAs are a joke tbh, i went through my old school by emailing them and asking for a reference and told them the predicted grade i was most likely to get and then they wrote a new reference for me :smile:

omg that’s so cool your school did that for you my old one would never lmao. did you put the reference + predicted grades on your application yourself or did your old school do it for you?
Reply 12
omg that’s so cool your school did that for you my old one would never lmao. did you put the reference + predicted grades on your application yourself or did your old school do it for you?

Predicted grades go in your reference - you don't enter them.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending