The Student Room Group

EPQ International Relations

Hi!
I'm currently doing an EPQ project related to IR and I have several questions in mind.
In my EPQ project, I want to focus on the themes of International Relations, Cultural Diplomacy and/or Conflict Resolution.*
The question that I am most inclined to choose is:
Is war and conflict an inevitable feature of International Relations? Looking from Liberalist and Realist perspectives.
However, I am afraid that this topic is a bit too broad. What do you think? Do you have any ideas to improve it? or is it fine?

Other ideas:
What are the effects of the spread of protectionism in the world?*
What role does soft power (culture, cultural diplomacy) have in the field of IR and how effective is it?*
What are the reasons and the effects for Rwandan Genocide? How effective was the UN in solving it?

THank you!
Reply 1
Original post by Daiana_Ash
Hi!
I'm currently doing an EPQ project related to IR and I have several questions in mind.
In my EPQ project, I want to focus on the themes of International Relations, Cultural Diplomacy and/or Conflict Resolution.*
The question that I am most inclined to choose is:
Is war and conflict an inevitable feature of International Relations? Looking from Liberalist and Realist perspectives.
However, I am afraid that this topic is a bit too broad. What do you think? Do you have any ideas to improve it? or is it fine?

Other ideas:
What are the effects of the spread of protectionism in the world?*
What role does soft power (culture, cultural diplomacy) have in the field of IR and how effective is it?*
What are the reasons and the effects for Rwandan Genocide? How effective was the UN in solving it?

THank you!

I think the question you're most inclined towards should be the one that you go with. I've just completed my mid-project review and some people are really struggling because the topic they've chosen to write about just doesn't interest them.

I think your initial question would be perfectly fine in all honesty. I'd limit yourself to a couple of different case studies that you use throughout your project so it's not to broad and so you have a theme running throughout. Introduce them in your introduction then Bob's your uncle.

Take care!

Quick Reply

Latest