The Student Room Group

A Level Biology and Chemistry

Hi, I am predicted an 8 in Biology and Chemistry, triple science in GCSE. Do you think I should take them for A Level? Are the subjects really hard?
Yeah an 8 is really good so you will probably be able to manage the harder content, predicted grades mean nothing tho I got completely different from my predicted when I did my GCSE’s so maybe just chose them if you know you enjoy the subjects
Original post by zarqaidrees
Hi, I am predicted an 8 in Biology and Chemistry, triple science in GCSE. Do you think I should take them for A Level? Are the subjects really hard?

All A-Level subjects are hard, but from my personal experience of doing Biology and Chemistry I think they're one of the most difficult subjects at A-Level. However, you'll be fine as long as you work hard throughout your A-Levels. Most people exaggerate the difficulty of A-Levels as they probably left their revision until last minute where you can't fluke a good grade like at GCSE.

In my opinion, anyone with a grade 6 or above is capable of achieving top grades in these subjects if you work hard during A-Levels :smile:
Reply 3
thanks! Do you know anything about A Level Geography?
I want to go into dentistry in the future and I'm not sure what subjects I want to choose.
Reply 4
Original post by Infinite Series
All A-Level subjects are hard, but from my personal experience of doing Biology and Chemistry I think they're one of the most difficult subjects at A-Level. However, you'll be fine as long as you work hard throughout your A-Levels. Most people exaggerate the difficulty of A-Levels as they probably left their revision until last minute where you can't fluke a good grade like at GCSE.

In my opinion, anyone with a grade 6 or above is capable of achieving top grades in these subjects if you work hard during A-Levels :smile:

I want to go into dentistry in the future and I'm not sure what subjects I want to choose.
Original post by zarqaidrees

I don't know about the Geography A-Level, sorry.
But you could talk to some Y12/13 students about it. Preferably Y13 because they will have had proper experience of the subject as they've done it for over a year.
A level biology has ruined my life. but if you like it then go for it

Quick Reply

Latest