The Student Room Group

Best exam board for Religious Studies? Please help

And by best, I mean easiest- I think it’d be best if it was an IGCSE board since all my other exams are IGCSE, but anyway I’m looking for the least amount of content or the least in depth content. I’m gonna be registering for May/June 2019, so I don’t have much time to learn everything. I want an A* in it and it seems like the easiest thing to go for since I want an essay facilitating subject, I’ve been in catholic and islamic schools etc.

Best tips for revising it would be appreciated too! Thank you.
Reply 1
Bump
Reply 2
buuuuump :smile:
Reply 3
so by best you mean worst :smile:
Reply 4
Original post by Jono*
so by best you mean worst :smile:

by best i mean best in the opinion of students and by worst i mean worst in the opinion of examiners :smile:
Reply 5
any other opinions?
Reply 6
Are you sure you don't have an eidetic memory? There's a great deal of depth in the B course. I barely revised too, but instead of coasting through that sh*t, I got f**ked in the exam as a result (I was with AQA B).
Reply 7
I’m assuming CIE isn’t any easier since there isn’t an actual textbook for it lmho I’m doomed
Reply 8
Damn. Well sh*t, congratulations then. It's never easy to get nigh full marks. Are you studying it at A-level?
(edited 5 years ago)
Reply 9
I sat my gcse for Re this may and it was soooo easy was able to do last minute revision and get an A* and most people in my class did , they might have made it harder but all I know it was one of the easiest subjects last year to achieve an easy grade
That's true. I sympathise with your view as well.
Reply 11
Original post by Trofey
I sat my gcse for Re this may and it was soooo easy was able to do last minute revision and get an A* and most people in my class did , they might have made it harder but all I know it was one of the easiest subjects last year to achieve an easy grade

Congratulations! Can i ask what exam board you did it with?
Reply 12
Original post by Tolgarda
Are you sure you don't have an eidetic memory? There's a great deal of depth in the B course. I barely revised too, but instead of coasting through that sh*t, I got f**ked in the exam as a result (I was with AQA B).

I have heard AQA is genuinely a hard exam board- did you have any subjects that you felt didn't need all that much attention to get a good grade in?
Original post by lunarr.
I have heard AQA is genuinely a hard exam board- did you have any subjects that you felt didn't need all that much attention to get a good grade in?

Business studies is definitely one. If you're a proficient writer and comfortable with analysing literature, then English language is another good one. The difficulty of any GCSE course is mostly subjective really just like with beauty it's in the eyes of the beholder (one of my friends said that PE was quite easy). I truly recommend business studies for an easy ride though.
(edited 5 years ago)
Reply 14
Original post by lunarr.
Congratulations! Can i ask what exam board you did it with?

Mine was Aqa I went to one of the worst high schools in Essex’s but literally everyone passed their re exam **** knows how 😂😂

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending