The Student Room Group

Anxiety, on DSA, Group Work

Anyone successfully get exemption from doing group work. This causes me extreme anxiety and stress to the point of making me feel like dropping out.
If you managed to get exemption from group at university , how did you go about it, and how long did it take to get it?
Desperately seeking help
Reply 1
Anyone?
No offence but this is severely toxic behaviour.

You are only making your anxiety worse, you need to see a GP and get a referal to a therapist or sort this out because by the age of 30 you won't even step outside your house and be extremely depressed (My therapist dealt with many women that never did anything about their anxiety and are very depressed because they cannot leave the house).

I have very bad anxiety, so I'm not just being an ass about it. You knew what going to university was going to entail, groupwork. And if you didn't know, you should have researched it better knowing you have bad anxiety. You will do group/team work when you get most jobs out there, so this will never go away.
Reply 3
I'm 42 so have been in work, no offense taken. It's many years of severe social anxiety. Whilst I feel your post is meant to be helpful, there are always longstanding abuse history in which is hard to overcome. This should not be a reason for me not to be able to study a degree and I should not have to suffer needlessly.

Your post clearly meant for someone younger so I haven't taken any offense whatsoever

Quick Reply

Latest