The Student Room Group

Foundation or Higher science ?

I have been doing triple science since year 9 up until the start of year 11. I did pretty horrendous in the year 10 for combined science mock as in lowest in my class, mainly because of a disagreement I had with a parent which threw me in to a bad place. I’ve been taught the extra stuff so I have an understanding of it but I really don’t want to have anything to do with science when I’m older.

I’m predicted level 4’s so a pass in combined science. In my other subjects I’m predicted 5-8’s and I find studying fairly easily as I pick things up well. I’m not sure if I should just do foundation science and get a guaranteed pass in a subject I really hate or if I should do higher and maybe pass but if I do it’ll be better. I’m constantly told GCSEs don’t matter in the long run but I’m frightened I’ll be picked on for doing foundation. My boyfriend said he doesn’t care but I’m still worried about how it’ll look on a cv or what friends are gonna think. What did you guys pick or do you have any suggestions for what I should do? Any replies are greatly appreciated.

Quick Reply

Latest