The Student Room Group
Learning at Imperial College London
Imperial College London
London

Imperial College London Mechanical Engineering 2019 Applicants

The wait is killing me...! Anyone got interview invites?

Scroll to see replies

Nope
Learning at Imperial College London
Imperial College London
London
Reply 2
still waiting.....sent off my application near the 10th of October
Nope; however, according to the official website, as an international applicant, I will not be invited to an interview...LMAO
But, I've been wondering this for a long time, because Mechanical engineering as one of the strongest course in the ICL even has a lower requirement in terms of interview comparing to some AAA science subject such as Chem... (the description of ME in "selection process" is vague and brief)
Does anyone have any idea about this?
Reply 4
Nope, sent on 5 october
I applied 12th October and haven't heard anything about an interview yet. Friends applying to oxbridge have now got invitation interviews so I'm hoping imperial send theirs out fairly soon.
Original post by Ericsong2333
Nope; however, according to the official website, as an international applicant, I will not be invited to an interview...LMAO
But, I've been wondering this for a long time, because Mechanical engineering as one of the strongest course in the ICL even has a lower requirement in terms of interview comparing to some AAA science subject such as Chem... (the description of ME in "selection process" is vague and brief)
Does anyone have any idea about this?

Where does it say that? What if you’re EU or European Economic Area?
I was at an Aeronautical Engineering interview on the 22nd and one of the undergraduates said that the mechanical engineering department doesn't interview everyone they admit. Take it with a grain of salt as it's not from the department.
(edited 5 years ago)
Reply 8
Damn.....onwards and upwards anyways.
How did your interview go? Hope it went well.
Great :smile: The interviewer was so chill and just asked me really simple A-level questions on graph sketching and projectile motion.
Reply 10
Nice! I'm glad it well for you. If you got the offer, would Imperial be your first choice?
Don't know ! Cambridge seems cool too.
Original post by Anas Sheikh
Where does it say that? What if you’re EU or European Economic Area?

You can see it in the selection process on the course website. IC also replied to my email by saying that they would not give me an interview, and they said that they would access our status on school location. (If your school is located in EU or UK, you should expect an interview)
Reply 13
You can see it in the selection process on the course website. IC also replied to my email by saying that they would not give me an interview, and they said that they would access our status on school location. (If your school is located in EU or UK, you should expect an interview)

Do you come from China?
Original post by zydavl
Do you come from China?

Yep
Reply 15
Yep

same here, good to see ya
Haven't had one yet either :frown:(((
any news ....?
Reply 18

But I heard the online interview is mostly required for overseas students......
Reply 19
Hey everyone, I'm a first year MechEng student. I've been through everything you're facing right now a year ago, so if you have any questions feel free to ask, I'll try my best to help.

Quick Reply

Latest