The Student Room Group

UC application

I'm trying to fill out the University of California application. What is the American equivalent course of Pure Mathematics IGCSE and Further Pure Mathematics IGCSE?
Choices: Mathematics I, II, III, Algebra I, II, Trigonometry, Geometry, Advanced Mathematics, Calculus, Statistics
Reply 1
Original post by jinellie
I'm trying to fill out the University of California application. What is the American equivalent course of Pure Mathematics IGCSE and Further Pure Mathematics IGCSE?
Choices: Mathematics I, II, III, Algebra I, II, Trigonometry, Geometry, Advanced Mathematics, Calculus, Statistics

Hi, I've moved this to the Studying in North America forum.

It may be worth simply contacting UC direct and asking them.
Original post by jinellie

Hey,
I am a US student from California that applied to all the UCS. From what I know A levels math should be calculus and statistics. GSCE maths should be Alg I, II, and geometry. It is likely you did everything (but don't select Math I, II, III as those are middle school subjects in 7th and 8th). Again I might be wrong, and please double check as well. Let me know if you have any other problems applying to the US.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending