The Student Room Group

A level chemistry help!!!!!

Hey guys

I ma doing edexcel A level chemistry and I need help with paper3! What topics should I focus on for this paper and any tips?

PLEASE HELP!!!!!

SOS

I MA DYING WITH CHEMISTRY!!!!!
Sorry you've not had any responses about this. :frown: Are you sure you've posted in the right place? :smile: Here's a link to our subject forum which should help get you more responses if you post there. :redface:
Original post by saboor 123
Hey guys

I ma doing edexcel A level chemistry and I need help with paper3! What topics should I focus on for this paper and any tips?

PLEASE HELP!!!!!

SOS

I MA DYING WITH CHEMISTRY!!!!!

Hello,
I have done A-level AQA chemistry this year and paper three was a complete nightmare. I think that paper three explores the practical bit even in edexcel. I would recommend digging old past papers from physics and maths tutor and trying the questions that you can (some require lab work). I assume for paper three you need to know the whole spec so make sure you are up to date with whatever you learnt. I would then attempt new paper 3 online and see exactly what the examiner wants through mark scheme and try to tailor your answers to what they want. Hope this helps. If you need to ask any more questions please do so!!
Regards,
Fatemeh.
Reply 3
Original post by Fakbarpoor
Hello,
I have done A-level AQA chemistry this year and paper three was a complete nightmare. I think that paper three explores the practical bit even in edexcel. I would recommend digging old past papers from physics and maths tutor and trying the questions that you can (some require lab work). I assume for paper three you need to know the whole spec so make sure you are up to date with whatever you learnt. I would then attempt new paper 3 online and see exactly what the examiner wants through mark scheme and try to tailor your answers to what they want. Hope this helps. If you need to ask any more questions please do so!!
Regards,
Fatemeh.

jazakallah khair fatimah!

What would you memorize for this paper. Do I just go over organis synthesis and then go through practical techniques in all of the topics. Or do I just go through the practicals memtioned in our specification?
Original post by saboor 123
jazakallah khair fatimah!

What would you memorize for this paper. Do I just go over organis synthesis and then go through practical techniques in all of the topics. Or do I just go through the practicals memtioned in our specification?

So for paper three you have to be confident with the whole syllabus and especially as you said the organic synthesis. I made a big A3 summary of all the reactions in chemistry and that really helped. paper 3 comes after paper 1 and 2 so you will be confident with the content, so just go over things you find difficult. Practicals are the most important aspect of paper three so go over them and try some old papers as well. I also found summarising each topic into one side of A4 really helpful for the day before the exam. Hope this helps!

Quick Reply

Latest