The Student Room Group

were science alevels really easier before linear exams?

it doesn't really matter as its honestly something no one can do anything about but before was it true that it was done in modules, where you could resit modules and stuff... but then was there not a final exam? every time someone complains saying they were so much easier, i wonder were they really?
Original post by Anonymous
it doesn't really matter as its honestly something no one can do anything about but before was it true that it was done in modules, where you could resit modules and stuff... but then was there not a final exam? every time someone complains saying they were so much easier, i wonder were they really?

There were final exams, except you had 1 set of final exams at the end of year 12 (on year 12 content only) and then another set of final exams at the end of year 13 (which were synoptic but had more focus on year 13 content). The things which supposedly made them easier were 1) The ability to resit certain modules rather than having to resit every single exam and 2) The need to remember less content for both sets of exams.
Not just for science- it was the same for all- but i did it when there were the modules and it was better/easier because 1) The ability to resit certain modules rather than having to resit every single exam and 2) The need to remember less content for both sets of exams.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending