The Student Room Group

An alevel in a year?

Hi, so I’ve 100% failed my alevel computer science exams, so I can either resit the subject next year, or do a different one in a year. I hate computer science and I really don’t want to do it again, I was thinking of doing alevel RS? Obviously id be doing it in a year, can anyone lmk if this is a good idea? Or if I should just grin and bare doing alevel CS all over again?
It is definitely possible to do an a level in a year.
Reply 2
Original post by niallof9hostages
find a phat ass and smak it

what has this got to do w my question 💀
Reply 3
Original post by Purpllegrape9
Hi, so I’ve 100% failed my alevel computer science exams, so I can either resit the subject next year, or do a different one in a year. I hate computer science and I really don’t want to do it again, I was thinking of doing alevel RS? Obviously id be doing it in a year, can anyone lmk if this is a good idea? Or if I should just grin and bare doing alevel CS all over again?

I dont know if you are a year 13 student or your doing AS in year 12 but I am a year 13 student who still has ongoing exams and have finished some.

Also, how do you know you failed since results day has not approached?

I do alevel RS and it is very tricky because it has a lot of content and the highest in my class was/is like a C/B overall and the highest I could ever achieve was a C in exams but for the most part I am/was getting E or U grades.

If you enjoy it, it will be a breeze but I warn you it is content heavy and since you have taken alevels or AS (or whatever) you know the hard work that you must put in.

Finished my Islam exam, which is one of the components of my RS coruse. It is 1/2 days before my philosophy exam and I am cramming the content and also have 4 days after my philosophy exam to revise/cram ethics, so if you do not have the right work ethic to do computer science then how can you expect to have the right work ethic for RS. but then again it depends if you enjoy the subject or not. I would advise that you quickly look at the RS topics of the RS course that you are gong to do ( if you do it) and see if you really enjoy it and that might be a measure of if you should take it.

But you have to be careful that if you are taking another year you must not waste your time

In summary, just do what you enjoy you only live once.

I am hoping for C's on results day but honestly I am have been getting U's or E's in my mocks in my other subjects because either my work ethic is bad or exam technique is horrible and I have a lack of preparation because I could not keep up with the subject. You can only enjoy something in life if you understand it and you have a realtivley deep appreciation for it, so this does not just apply to alevels!

Good Luck!
Reply 4
Original post by Purpllegrape9

Heya!

If you have a genuine dislike for computer science and are certain that you won't enjoy studying it again, it may be worth considering taking A-Level RS instead. It will be hard work but if you have only 1 alvl to focus on then it would be manageable. It's important to choose a subject that aligns with your interests and strengths. However, before making a final decision, I would recommend discussing your options with your teachers or educational advisors :h:

I hope this helps!
Milena
UCL PFE
Study mind
Reply 5
Original post by Philemon4
I dont know if you are a year 13 student or your doing AS in year 12 but I am a year 13 student who still has ongoing exams and have finished some.

Also, how do you know you failed since results day has not approached?

I do alevel RS and it is very tricky because it has a lot of content and the highest in my class was/is like a C/B overall and the highest I could ever achieve was a C in exams but for the most part I am/was getting E or U grades.

If you enjoy it, it will be a breeze but I warn you it is content heavy and since you have taken alevels or AS (or whatever) you know the hard work that you must put in.

Finished my Islam exam, which is one of the components of my RS coruse. It is 1/2 days before my philosophy exam and I am cramming the content and also have 4 days after my philosophy exam to revise/cram ethics, so if you do not have the right work ethic to do computer science then how can you expect to have the right work ethic for RS. but then again it depends if you enjoy the subject or not. I would advise that you quickly look at the RS topics of the RS course that you are gong to do ( if you do it) and see if you really enjoy it and that might be a measure of if you should take it.

But you have to be careful that if you are taking another year you must not waste your time

In summary, just do what you enjoy you only live once.

I am hoping for C's on results day but honestly I am have been getting U's or E's in my mocks in my other subjects because either my work ethic is bad or exam technique is horrible and I have a lack of preparation because I could not keep up with the subject. You can only enjoy something in life if you understand it and you have a realtivley deep appreciation for it, so this does not just apply to alevels!

Good Luck!

I performed terribly in alevel cs paper 1, to the point where I’ll get a D at best. I have paper 2 today and I’m not seeing myself doing much better. Thanks for your advice tho. I’m taking a gap year either way as I want to work and travel before uni, I’m going to redo cs as I already know the spec, I just need to revise it a lot more- which I couldn’t do this year because I was really unwell. Best of luck with your exams!!

Quick Reply

Latest