The Student Room Group

Would Cambridge and Oxford mind if you resitted your A-levels

When you apply for postgraduate master in finance would Cambridge and Oxford mind if you have resit your A levels?
I highly doubt a masters course will care about any of your high school qualifications, including whether or not you resat them - they are beyond irrelevant by the point you're applying to the masters course. Your university studies will be much more recent and relevant, and I would be surprised if they are concerned about A-levels or similar qualifications - unless they require a particular subject (such as Maths) taken to A-level standard at minimum, which wasn't otherwise covered in your degree.

Of course, you may want to contact the universities in question to confirm their admissions policies for these courses, but I would be quite surprised if that is a critical issue.
Original post by artful_lounger
I highly doubt a masters course will care about any of your high school qualifications, including whether or not you resat them - they are beyond irrelevant by the point you're applying to the masters course. Your university studies will be much more recent and relevant, and I would be surprised if they are concerned about A-levels or similar qualifications - unless they require a particular subject (such as Maths) taken to A-level standard at minimum, which wasn't otherwise covered in your degree.

Of course, you may want to contact the universities in question to confirm their admissions policies for these courses, but I would be quite surprised if that is a critical issue.

Ok. Thanks!
I recently applied for a Masters at Queen's Belfast, they didnt even ask for A levels on the application!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending