The Student Room Group

A-level Chemistry isn't going well!

hello, I am in year 1 of chemistry a-level and it isn't going to well, I revise the topics but still seam to miss out on the marks, would be very helpful if anybody has any tips or resources on how to gain marks and just general understanding.
LITERALLY, the only studying I do is memorising the Chemrevise revision notes and then doing past paper questions. The AQA Chemistry questions are soo repetitive so memorising mark schemes helps a lot! I also note down the questions I got wrong and learn the mark schemes to them.

Where I get my Chemistry practice questions (LINKS ATTACHED):

Past and Specimen Papers for all AQA, OCR and Edexcel

Ask your teacher for more questions

Reply 2
Okay thankyou so much, i will definatley take that on board.
It was the exact same for me.
(Although I did only revise 2 days before tests. But 3 weeks before exams. DONT DO WHAT I DID HAHA you will only end up with a B)
But buying the exam board textbook really helped me. As it contains revision for each topic and questions and answers.
Maybe you should consider buying it from your exam board if you haven't done so already.

But remember that you have not finished the full course for AS yet. There are many more topics that might be easier for you. Most people that find maths stragith forward will find organic chem harder and physical chem easier. (me xD)

Literally, go through your booklets of whatever you go through in class then do questions on each topic. Ask your teacher to give you them if you cant find any.

Then as you get nearer to exams, past papers become your best friend. There is a lot of repetition in questions. Just keep grinding.
Good Luck
Reply 4
Okay thankyou so much, hopefully this will work!

Quick Reply

Latest