The Student Room Group

Degree Apprenticeship at 16?

I'm coming to the middle of Year 11 where applications are beginning for sixth forms and colleges, is it possible to get a Degree Apprenticeship after leaving Secondary School with GCSES's
Reply 1
Original post by Erxxxx
I'm coming to the middle of Year 11 where applications are beginning for sixth forms and colleges, is it possible to get a Degree Apprenticeship after leaving Secondary School with GCSES's

To go straight into a degree apprenticeship you usually have to have level 3 qualifications (GCSE are level 2). So you'd likely need to apply for a level 3 higher apprenticeship. Then speak to your employer about stepping up or applying for a degree level apprenticeship once the level 3 is completed.
Don’t think so, pretty sure you need your A-levels. I would check this website out: https://www.instituteforapprenticeships.org/apprenticeship-standards/?levelFrom=5
It has the whole list of what’s available and the companies offering them, very useful.
Reply 3
I'm in the middle of getting my website made ( I hired a developer ), it's a small buisness what do you think my next move is? - I have a monthly income
Original post by 8472
To go straight into a degree apprenticeship you usually have to have level 3 qualifications (GCSE are level 2). So you'd likely need to apply for a level 3 higher apprenticeship. Then speak to your employer about stepping up or applying for a degree level apprenticeship once the level 3 is completed.
Reply 4
Original post by Erxxxx
I'm in the middle of getting my website made ( I hired a developer ), it's a small buisness what do you think my next move is? - I have a monthly income

You're at school and run a business? But want to do a degree apprenticeship? :holmes:

Quick Reply

Latest