The Student Room Group

Access to higher education diploma?

(Tldr; can I get into a degree apprenticeship with a HE diploma)

Hey, I tried searching and looking for an answer but couldn't find any definitive answers. currently I'm at a GCSE level of education looking for a software development apprenticeship. Recently I noticed that I could do an Access to higher education diploma which can equal to UCAS points (48-144) can I use this diploma to enter a degree apprenticeship as finding a level 3-4 is currently quite difficult.
(edited 7 months ago)
Are you over 19?

Access to HE Diplomas are designed for mature students.

If you’re younger and hoping to get into software development then a T level would normally be a better option
(edited 7 months ago)
Reply 2
Original post by PQ
Are you over 19?

If you’re younger and hoping to get into software development then a T level would normally be a better option

I'm currently 18, gonna be 19 next feb. so.. what exactly is a T level? ill have a look. (from my understanding, T levels will be rolled out in 2024?
(edited 7 months ago)
Reply 3
Original post by PQ
Are you over 19?

i had a look, and it'd seem they don't have much of a software development / CS pathway? Plus could i even join to one, its a bit late and ill be 19 next year.
(edited 7 months ago)
Original post by Huss.A
i had a look, and it'd seem they don't have much of a software development / CS pathway? Plus could i even join to one, its a bit late and ill be 19 next year.

https://www.tlevels.gov.uk/students/subjects/digital-production-design-development would be the pathway
You can search on that website for providers and contact them
Reply 5
Original post by PQ
https://www.tlevels.gov.uk/students/subjects/digital-production-design-development would be the pathway
You can search on that website for providers and contact them

oh i see, can i apply for this tho? is it not 16-18? its a bit late to join up to one of these no? Im sorry if im being really ignorant right now, but scrolling through the websites these providers have is horrible, its all slow and i cant find anything that mentions t-levels.
Original post by Huss.A
oh i see, can i apply for this tho? is it not 16-18? its a bit late to join up to one of these no? Im sorry if im being really ignorant right now, but scrolling through the websites these providers have is horrible, its all slow and i cant find anything that mentions t-levels.

you're 18 so still funded and eligible for 16-18 study
Reply 7
Original post by PQ
you're 18 so still funded and eligible for 16-18 study

Alright I'll keep having a look.
They didnt mention T Levels take 2 years if you turn 19 before septemeber you're eligible to do an Access course you can also work while doing Access get IT experience + CS Access Course could land you a Software job

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending