The Student Room Group
Ayr Campus
University of the West of Scotland

Adult Nursing 2019

Scroll to see replies

Original post by katlen69
Thanks louise i contacted admission team again and i received conditional offer now, which is weired because they have all my documentatiion. I contacted them again saying that i did submit all papers and their response was that they need to review all paparework before unconditional offer and university will contact for health check so i dont know when this would be.. Any clue??

I got a conditional, but my conditions were to pass my PVG and submit a reference because I couldn’t at the time when I applied. So I haven’t heard anything back since I confirmed UWS as my firm choice (condition dependant obviously).

The PVG can take a couple weeks sometimes, and with the amount they’ll be getting submitted just now it could take its time. Because I know the council had a lot of recruitment days recently for carers etc, and all of the uni applications and everything will be just now so they’ll have loads!

They did tell us all offers/rejections will be done by end of March, beginning of April so maybe that’s when the unconditionals are being done. Just a waiting game now ...
Ayr Campus
University of the West of Scotland
Original post by louisewillis
I got a conditional, but my conditions were to pass my PVG and submit a reference because I couldn’t at the time when I applied. So I haven’t heard anything back since I confirmed UWS as my firm choice (condition dependant obviously).

The PVG can take a couple weeks sometimes, and with the amount they’ll be getting submitted just now it could take its time. Because I know the council had a lot of recruitment days recently for carers etc, and all of the uni applications and everything will be just now so they’ll have loads!

They did tell us all offers/rejections will be done by end of March, beginning of April so maybe that’s when the unconditionals are being done. Just a waiting game now ...

They asked my degree cert, reference and PVG, ut i ve got all those which i submited when applied for a course as i am working as Social care practitioner already.. So i contacted them again sent it to submission team again and they responded that they are in process of reviewing the documentation. Its looks like they lost all my file. Anyway, thank you for your answer its good to write with someone who will do the same course. Where do you stay?
Original post by katlen69
They asked my degree cert, reference and PVG, ut i ve got all those which i submited when applied for a course as i am working as Social care practitioner already.. So i contacted them again sent it to submission team again and they responded that they are in process of reviewing the documentation. Its looks like they lost all my file. Anyway, thank you for your answer its good to write with someone who will do the same course. Where do you stay?

I stay in Hamilton so it’s decent for me as UWS is halfway between my house and my work so it’s en route whatever way I’m going from.

Glad to have got a place for MH Nursing there because it’s the same way I would go if I was going to work!
Original post by louisewillis
I stay in Hamilton so it’s decent for me as UWS is halfway between my house and my work so it’s en route whatever way I’m going from.

Glad to have got a place for MH Nursing there because it’s the same way I would go if I was going to work!

I saty in Carluke. Also fine location not only to go to Uni but for placements. I am really excited always wanted to be MH nurse. Somehow i studies everything but that. lol Looking forward to meeting you, at least we wont be total strangers there..
Me :smile: Got my interview on March 4th so I'm a bit nervous that my interview seems so late compared to everyone elses :/
Original post by BrionyIrving
Me :smile: Got my interview on March 4th so I'm a bit nervous that my interview seems so late compared to everyone elses :/

Dont be nervous, it depents when did you applied. I think they do interviews up to June.
Reply 26
Hi i apllied to all the ppl been interviewed in my college course got in apart from 2 of us that still haven't heard anything do you think i should phone or email themx
Hi there! Is anyone doing BSc Adult Nursing at UWS Paisley campus this year? xx

Quick Reply

Latest