The Student Room Group

Nursing degree Nottingham Trent university

Does Nottingham Trent university accept someone on to they nursing course with a maths GCSE grade lower then C but I have got 2-1 degree already and all merits in my access to nursing course and I got 15 years in care experience and I am mature student at 33
Can anyone help me ?
Reply 1
Original post by sammyloufrank
Does Nottingham Trent university accept someone on to they nursing course with a maths GCSE grade lower then C but I have got 2-1 degree already and all merits in my access to nursing course and I got 15 years in care experience and I am mature student at 33
Can anyone help me ?

Hi there I recently was offered a different course at the same university and I think this was because I didn’t have a science degree
Original post by sammyloufrank
Can anyone help me ?

Ring NTU's admissions department and ask them. :smile:
Reply 3
Original post by Louise2300
Hi there I recently was offered a different course at the same university and I think this was because I didn’t have a science degree

Hi Louise
What was your course you applied for......

So what generally happens if you had a adult nursing interview for example and although you did well enough in it but not perhaps good enough to offer you a place for adult nursing then they sometimes offer potential students an alternative course instead like children nursing for example, also they could have filled up their allocations of students for the adult nursing course so reason they offering you say children nursing.

Depending on what you were offered then perfect consider taking it ...

NHS registered midwife
Reply 4
Original post by Tracey_W
Hi Louise
What was your course you applied for......

So what generally happens if you had a adult nursing interview for example and although you did well enough in it but not perhaps good enough to offer you a place for adult nursing then they sometimes offer potential students an alternative course instead like children nursing for example, also they could have filled up their allocations of students for the adult nursing course so reason they offering you say children nursing.

Depending on what you were offered then perfect consider taking it ...

NHS registered midwife

Hi there
Thank you for your reply. I had applied for the adult nursing degree, haven’t had an interview however I was sent an offer for a Health and Social care BSC.
Reply 5
Hi there
Thank you for your reply. I had applied for the adult nursing degree, haven’t had an interview however I was sent an offer for a Health and Social care BSC.

Hi Louise 😌

Adult nursing you originally applied for but was offered health and social care course, there's nothing wrong with taking it and perhaps you can ask to transfer over to adult nursing at end of the first year as after that you can't do anything.

You could reject that offer and reapply for adult nursing next year but you could be in the same situation again - it's something that you have to decide to do. Personally I think if it was me in this situation I would perhaps consider taking the health and social care course but at the end of the day it is your decision, just remember that at least you were offered another course.

Below is a example of what you can do with a health and social care degree if you complete the whole course.
What can I do with a health and social care degree.....
Professions and job roles
Health administration.
Care management.
Further Education teaching.
Community development.
Charity Officer.
Social work.
Nursing.
Health therapies.
Hi there

Your other option is to consider doing a one-year Access to HE course and reapplying to nursing in the next cycle. You can get funding for the Access course:

https://www.accesstohe.ac.uk/about-access

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending