The Student Room Group
Student working at the Cole Museum
University of Reading
Reading
Visit website

Psychology conversion course

Hey guys,

Is anyone doing or has done the psychology conversion course ? I would love to know a bit more about the course. I am deciding between Reading and Surrey.

Thanks!
Original post by hananybanany
Hey guys,

Is anyone doing or has done the psychology conversion course ? I would love to know a bit more about the course. I am deciding between Reading and Surrey.

Thanks!

Hello,

It's great you are considering studying at Reading! I'm in my final year of food science and love studying here. One of our student ambassadors does study Psychology so I will be in touch with him to ask if he has any information on the course for you!

Will get back to you soon,

Alice :h:
Final year food science student
Student working at the Cole Museum
University of Reading
Reading
Visit website
Original post by hananybanany
Hey guys,

Thanks!

Hi,

Our course here at Reading does follow the typical route of other conversion courses in the UK, as it must fit with BPS spec for accrediation, it must cover aspects of neuroscience, developmental psychology, perception, cognition, social and differential psychology alongside research methods. However here at Reading we also offer some optional development across our other modules in psychology (these do differ year-on-year so please speak directly to the University for example modules). In addition to this you also have the option to complete a research placement, where you can work in one of the Universities Psychology labs. Meaning that overall in addition to gaining accrediation in Psychology from another field, you can also gain a good foundation in an area you would like to go further in, especially if in one of our core research areas (Clinical, Nurtition and Cognition, or perception).

For more information, do see our website below:
https://www.reading.ac.uk/ready-to-study/study/subject-area/psychology-pg/msc-psychology-conversion.aspx

Please do not hesistate to ask if you have any further specific questions about the course itself, or studying here at Reading.

I hope this helps,

Tom :smile:
Final Year Psychology Student and Student Ambassador

Quick Reply

Latest