The Student Room Group

Extra A-level

Im taking an extra a level next session, I already took maths and Computer Science to enter Computer Science course .
The question is does the subject which Im going to take next session matters , or in other words , If i take physics alevel will increase the chance of being accepted from the university than arabic or English alevel? Or no difference?
Reply 1
Physics would be valuable for a computer science course but you already have two relevant A-Levels. Personally I’d recommend doing something that’s a bit different to develop other useful skills. I take computer science, maths, further maths and English language - English is completely different from my other subjects but I find it really interesting and we write lots of essays which means I’m not just doing maths and computer things all day!

If you will enjoy physics it will definitely be directly useful but that doesn’t mean other options won’t be useful in any way. The most important a level for computer science courses is maths, so you can’t go too far wrong!

Quick Reply

Latest