The Student Room Group

Laptop battery died mid exam

For context, i sat business paper 3 edexcel today, and i get to use a word processor with extra time.

I probably had about 10ish minutes left of my extra time and i was writing the conclusion on the last 20 marker, all was going good, until the battery suddenly died!

They re-logged in for me and i let the invigilator know i had lost all of my 20 marker and half of the previous 12 marker essay! they awarded me an extra 15 minutes.. for about 25 lost marks.. since i have extra time 25 marks should be at least 35-40 minutes to write!

In addition, i was mentally so exhausted and anxious from the whole ordeal that when i was rewriting it, i rushed it and it was no where near the quality that it was before it got deleted :frown: I just gave up in the last 5 minutes of my extra time and handed in my 2 poorly written essays + signed it…

this is so not fair! i am already redoing 2 years of a levels due to health reasons I had first time i was doing A levels and now this!! I can’t be three years behind now 😭
Original post by JamesAFF
For context, i sat business paper 3 edexcel today, and i get to use a word processor with extra time.

I probably had about 10ish minutes left of my extra time and i was writing the conclusion on the last 20 marker, all was going good, until the battery suddenly died!

They re-logged in for me and i let the invigilator know i had lost all of my 20 marker and half of the previous 12 marker essay! they awarded me an extra 15 minutes.. for about 25 lost marks.. since i have extra time 25 marks should be at least 35-40 minutes to write!

In addition, i was mentally so exhausted and anxious from the whole ordeal that when i was rewriting it, i rushed it and it was no where near the quality that it was before it got deleted :frown: I just gave up in the last 5 minutes of my extra time and handed in my 2 poorly written essays + signed it…

this is so not fair! i am already redoing 2 years of a levels due to health reasons I had first time i was doing A levels and now this!! I can’t be three years behind now 😭

did they not complete this special consideration form thing. In my IT exam in january this girls files shut just randomly and she told then she told the teacher after the exam and the teacher said you have to send an email of like special consideration or complete a form and they could give you a few extra marks but it's so that edexcel are aware of whats happend to you and take it into consideration while marking ur paper
Reply 2
Original post by JamesAFF

How did the work get lost, weren't you saving it?

Quick Reply

Latest