The Student Room Group

A level maths but 2 marks off of a 7

I have got 9s and 8s in other subjects but have somehow got a 6 in my GCSEs. I require maths to do the degree I want. I have appealed at my school to matriculate but am thinking about doing an A level maths privately of that falls through. How often do people manage to get into unis with privately taken A level maths?
Original post by SKYLN
I have got 9s and 8s in other subjects but have somehow got a 6 in my GCSEs. I require maths to do the degree I want. I have appealed at my school to matriculate but am thinking about doing an A level maths privately of that falls through. How often do people manage to get into unis with privately taken A level maths?

Universities don't care where you took your A levels: in school, in college, or privately. They care about the subject and the grade.

Have you considered using your exam board's free Access to Scripts service to ensure there are not a couple of extra marks to be had? (Extra marks in maths are less common that with some other subjects, but are not unheard of.)
Reply 2
Original post by SKYLN

I am in the same boat bro, I am planning on doing a levels in sixth form and doing a level maths privately
(edited 8 months ago)

Quick Reply

Latest