The Student Room Group

Lied to by my uni/forced to do an extra year?

Hi,

I started at undergraduate degree at the university of glos in 2019. After a year I decided that this uni wasn’t right for me and took a year out. I received a level 4 certificate of higher education. September of 2022 I got in contact with the university of worcester to discuss me joining at level 5. They said this was all ok but that I would have to do a level 4 module as it was compulsory to gain my degree. A few months ago the senior of the lecture asked to ring me after this academic year had finished and I received all my grades back (I passed everything and did quite well). He is now saying that I will have to do an extra year due to the fact that instead of doing 4 level 4 modules I did 3 level 5 modules and 1 level 4 module. I was obviously never told this and was confused. After discussing it for an hour he said that I could do everything next year and graduate but that I would have to do an extra module and pay £2313 as self funded study because of the extra module. Can anyone tell me if this is allowed or they have been in a similar situation? I was never warned/told ANY of this when i spoke to him before joining the course and feel that I have been lied to and set up to fail. Thanks everyone.
Reply 1
Speak to the administrators rather than the lecturers. Lecturers give second hand info about this stuff and it's often misunderstood. Get in touch with the finance people and ask them directly to lay this out for you. One way or another, you have been misinformed, and this is partly because the lecturers are out of their wheelhouse when talking about money etc.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending