The Student Room Group

Imperial College London - Medicine A100 - 2020 entry

Welcome to the Imperial A100 2020 Entry Discussion.

For general information click: https://www.imperial.ac.uk/medicine/study/undergraduate/medicine-mbbs-programmes/

For entry requirements click: https://www.imperial.ac.uk/study/ug/courses/school-of-medicine/medicine/#entry-requirements

ICL A100 2020 Offer Holders thread: https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=6402236

General TSR rules:
(1) Please don't ask for or post group chat links.
(2) Please don't ask for or post interview questions.
(3) Please don't offer to buy and sell items.

Good luck!

Post originally created by ecolier.
(edited 4 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Thought this would be a nice place for those considering Imperial for medicine 2020 entry to post and help each other out!
Have firmed Imperial and so can answer any questions regarding the med procedure for Imperial or any med school in general! :smile:
Original post by carrotmuncher
Thought this would be a nice place for those considering Imperial for medicine 2020 entry to post and help each other out!
Have firmed Imperial and so can answer any questions regarding the med procedure for Imperial or any med school in general! :smile:

Congrats on your offer! Would be really interested to know what your stats were like (academic, bmat, predicted etc) and also from what you’ve learned going through the process there what Imperial are really looking for in successful applicants? I’m only doing 3 A levels so understand this puts me at disadvantage at Imperial and UCL?
Original post by Polkadot2018
Congrats on your offer! Would be really interested to know what your stats were like (academic, bmat, predicted etc) and also from what you’ve learned going through the process there what Imperial are really looking for in successful applicants? I’m only doing 3 A levels so understand this puts me at disadvantage at Imperial and UCL?

Thanks!
So GCSE’s were: 8A*’s, 2A’s and 1B
A-Level Predicted: 1A* 2A and an A* in EPQ
My BMAT wasn’t overly great compared to some students but they were: 5.0 in S1, 3.8 in S2 and 4.5A.
As listed on the Imperial Website they look for:
A-level or equivalent predicted (or achieved) grades
BMAT scores
Evidence of commitment to the values of the NHS Constitution
Motivation and understanding of medicine as a career
Community activities
Leadership and teamwork
Extracurricular interests
Referee’s report
I would also recommend watching videos on Imperial’s youtube channel in order to understand more about what they look for alongside how they mark the personal statements.
Regarding your 3 A-Levels question - Absolutely not. You won’t be at a disadvantage for doing 3 subjects. For example, I only did Bio, Chem and Psych for A-Levels. However, what they do look at is your predictions - A minimum of 3A’s is required to apply to Imperial. I am bot sure about UCL but I would expect it to be fairly the same.
Reply 4
Have firmed Imperial and so can answer any questions regarding the med procedure for Imperial or any med sc

Congratulations
sorry if it is too personal to ask but it would be really useful to know and it would benefit me for my application next year
was your place confirmed?
what were your a level results?

Hey

My predicted A level grades are AAA in bio chem and maths, but GCSE results were 9888877765, but I got an 8 or above in all English maths and science exams. Will the 6/5 in RE & Art put me at a disadvantage?
Thanks!
So GCSE’s were: 8A*’s, 2A’s and 1B
A-Level Predicted: 1A* 2A and an A* in EPQ
My BMAT wasn’t overly great compared to some students but they were: 5.0 in S1, 3.8 in S2 and 4.5A.
As listed on the Imperial Website they look for:
A-level or equivalent predicted (or achieved) grades
BMAT scores
Evidence of commitment to the values of the NHS Constitution
Motivation and understanding of medicine as a career
Community activities
Leadership and teamwork
Extracurricular interests
Referee’s report
I would also recommend watching videos on Imperial’s youtube channel in order to understand more about what they look for alongside how they mark the personal statements.
Regarding your 3 A-Levels question - Absolutely not. You won’t be at a disadvantage for doing 3 subjects. For example, I only did Bio, Chem and Psych for A-Levels. However, what they do look at is your predictions - A minimum of 3A’s is required to apply to Imperial. I am bot sure about UCL but I would expect it to be fairly the same.

what is meant by the 'values of the NHS consitution', are these skills that a doctor would require and are they all shown by work experience and volunteering?
Original post by 2020student
what is meant by the 'values of the NHS consitution', are these skills that a doctor would require and are they all shown by work experience and volunteering?

https://www.hee.nhs.uk/about/our-values/nhs-constitutional-values-hub-0

yes, if you have a paid job also then that counts also.
(edited 4 years ago)
Hi - sorry if this been asked before .. exactly how does imperial shortlist for interview ? I am
International btw. Is it solely on A levels and BMAT
Scores or they score your PS also ? Thanks in advance
Reply 9
Heyyy, so I’m reapplying to imperial this year! Really hope I can get in this time 😌

Stats:

GCSEs: 7A*s 3As
Achieved A levels: 3A*s in bio/chem/maths + an A in EPQ
UCAT: 655 avg band 1
BMAT: to be done in October ahhHh

Anyone else in a similar situation to me?

Good luck everyone x
Hi sorry realised there is a 2020
Imperial a100 thread . Can I check - what’s imperial criteria for interview shortlist. ? I am
International
Applicant . Thanks !!
I got 4.7/4.9/3B in the bmat does anyone what band would have i got last year?
Hi,
Can someone tell me if it is okay to apply to Imperial with the following stats:

5.4, 4.2, 3 A in sections 1, 2 & 3 of BMAT
5A*, 8, 2A, 7 & 6 (English Language)

I will appreciate it someone can comment. Thanks.
I have unfortunately got 3.7, 3.5 and 3A but I have special consideration regarding test conditions- Does it still mean I can't apply to Imperial?
My predicted grades are A*A*A and have 8A*sand 2As at GCSE
Reply 14
Shall i still apply to imperial even if my bmat scores weren't the best
if you're looking into medicine have a look at this:https://www.imperial.ac.uk/study/ug/courses/school-of-medicine/medicine/
Hey guys, I got my BMAT scores today and I'm sooooo disappointed, I got 4.7 4.2 and 3A. My GCSE's are 5-9's, 2-A*'s and 1- A (only did eight due to long term illness in years 10 and 11). I also have 5-A's at Scottish Highers and my predicted grades are good.

Does anyone know whether I stand ANY chance of getting an interview for imperial??

(feel free to be harsh because I know it's quite unlikely)
do good on bmat
Reply 18
Original post by TheProphetsPath
do good on bmat

lets say my bmat was not great- but i really want to go imperial
What were your scores?

Latest

Trending

Trending