The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Im estimating around 18-20 out of 28 or 70% which is really competitive but it might be much lower due to the volume of offers they may be giving out.
Original post by winch23
Im estimating around 18-20 out of 28 or 70% which is really competitive but it might be much lower due to the volume of offers they may be giving out.

how do u know its outta 28
Original post by winch23
A med student at imperial I know that spoke to the admissions officer and said that there are more than 1000 interviews and someone in this thread who spoke to one of the admissions tutors guiding them on their interview day stated there are 1000-1100 interviews and 600-700 offers given out.

yh but why does it say on the website 600 offers for 850 people then id rather believe the website tbh
Original post by theogwhiz
Nope - might be a good idea calling admissions to see what’s up.

I’ve just spoken to the head of interviews and they’ve confirmed that I’ll have one next week.
Original post by dinosaurdumpling
I’ve just spoken to the head of interviews and they’ve confirmed that I’ll have one next week.

Someone at my college also had the same thing.... Looks like a few people will have interviews next week then
Yeah I got that as well! Did you end up calling them? They said you had to respond by 17:00 and I just saw it at 16:54 so I quickly wrote out an email saying I hadn't recieved any word
Original post by spec grin
Yeah I got that as well! Did you end up calling them? They said you had to respond by 17:00 and I just saw it at 16:54 so I quickly wrote out an email saying I hadn't recieved any word

Yeah I called the number for undergraduates and they gave me the email and number for head of interviews. I managed to sort it out within the hour, so I’d recommend calling as well.
Original post by james1414
how do u know its outta 28

You need to read the history of the thread; there are about 4 points in each station; Poor, Adequate, Good, Excellent. 4 x 7 = 28
On the website they said they'll interview about 850 and give out 600 offers
Original post by dinosaurdumpling
Yeah I called the number for undergraduates and they gave me the email and number for head of interviews. I managed to sort it out within the hour, so I’d recommend calling as well.

Yeah, I just tried calling twice and no one picked up. I think its because its past 5:00 already since i literally just read the email. But I hope they'll keep in contact with me and I'll call again tomorrow
Original post by SaDe7
On the website they said they'll interview about 850 and give out 600 offers

The website might not be fully updated in that aspect and they might have chosen to do contrary.
To anyone who has an interview next week, what day is it on?
Original post by spec grin
Yeah, I just tried calling twice and no one picked up. I think its because its past 5:00 already since i literally just read the email. But I hope they'll keep in contact with me and I'll call again tomorrow

They told me that I’d get a date and time tomorrow, so hopefully you’ll hear back tomorrow too.
Original post by Shivaay
To anyone who has an interview next week, what day is it on?

I haven’t been given a date yet, but they said that it’ll most likely be on Tuesday.
Does that mean that offers will likely come out the week after
Original post by Chloe512406
Does that mean that offers will likely come out the week after

seems like it
Reply 1996
Original post by ISTJ
No interviews, not even one. I want to improve myself. Medicine is basically my life, I watch at least 1-2 medicine lectures every week, taking notes like a real student. I loved my work experience, loved it so much that I did it the entire summer. I just want to be a doctor in the future, BMAT was not enough for Oxford but good enough for Imperial and UCL. (4.1S1 5.1S2 2.5A).

I know that my BMAT score wasn't very high and I have already identified that it definitely is an area to improve, I don't think that's the main reason. People with much lower BMAT scores than mine have received interview invites and some even have offers. I just don't think I deserve a rejection, I don't know what I can do more. I gave up my entire social life since year 11 just to focus on planning to get ready and apply for medicine, basically getting better grades.

I love Imperial and that's where I want to go. I will not give up, I don't want to end up doing a biochemistry degree and having a job that I hate and have to work I am 70 just because I didn't reapply. I am not having a mental breakdown, but I am getting closer everyday. I have problems with my school, which I experience a new annoying thing with them everyday, teachers teaching a levels for the first time, teachers unable to teach if they don't have the powerpoint for a topic, or a textbook.

I just want an interview, I want them to try me because I am capable.

Edit No. 9000: I know that noone else cares about what I go through, but I will keep adding new things to this reply.

I received an interview invite today, oh my god!!!!!
Original post by ISTJ

Well done man, I am so proud of you. You deserve this. Make sure you prepare yourself as well as you can for this interview. :smile:
Original post by ISTJ

so happy for you!!! hope you smash this
By the way, How did everyone find their interviews?

For me, there was only one station that didn't go as planned but the rest were pretty decent.

Latest

Trending

Trending