The Student Room Group
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London

Is it worth applying??

Hi guys! Idk if I should apply to LSE any tips? Here are my grades

GCSE:2A*’s 3As 3Bs aND 1C in math
AS: AABB

This is for psychology and their psych GCSE requirement is an A..
Original post by Barakaahmed
Hi guys! Idk if I should apply to LSE any tips? Here are my grades

GCSE:2A*’s 3As 3Bs aND 1C in math
AS: AABB

This is for psychology and their psych GCSE requirement is an A..

There's nothing wrong applying as an aspirational choice. The general advice is to apply to:
- 2 aspirational choices (i.e. ones that you may or may not get into)
- 2 realistic choices (i.e. ones that you solidly meet the entry requirements for & have high offer rates, so you should definitely get offers)
- 1 "safety"/insurance choice (i.e. you exceed the grades needed, there's practically no way you won't get an offer)

Obviously, your GCSEs aren't going to be top among LSE applicants, but it's worth remembering that LSE (like most unis) weight your grades contextually - they look at the context in which you achieved them rather than just the raw grades. So if you went to a struggling state school in a disadvantaged area, where your grades were some of the best in your year, then LSE might well view them as equivalent to someone who achieved higher grades but at a top private school.

Overall, it's impossible to say whether or not you will get an offer - it will depend how competitive it is (it's a new course, so no-one knows yet) and how convincing your personal statement is.

But as long as you've got a few safer university choices on your UCAS form too, then you have nothing to lose by applying. You have zero chance of getting in if you don't; you have a chance if you do.
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London
Also, you will need to be predicted at least A*AA for your A-levels - do you have those predictions? Which subjects are you taking?
Reply 3
Original post by LeapingLucy
Also, you will need to be predicted at least A*AA for your A-levels - do you have those predictions? Which subjects are you taking?

Thank you sm!! My predicted grades are A*=Econ A=literature and a B= psychology my fourth subject was language but I only gave that at AS level
Thank you sm!! My predicted grades are A*=Econ A=literature and a B= psychology my fourth subject was language but I only gave that at AS level

Is there no chance of getting that B in psychology bumped up to an A?

LSE aren't known for making offers when people don't have the necessary predicted grades, and the fact that you don't have at least an A prediction in the required subject* is likely to be particularly problematic.

* LSE require one of Biology, Chemistry, Physics, Mathematics, Psychology for BSc Psychology.
Reply 5
Original post by LeapingLucy
Is there no chance of getting that B in psychology bumped up to an A?

LSE aren't known for making offers when people don't have the necessary predicted grades, and the fact that you don't have at least an A prediction in the required subject* is likely to be particularly problematic.

* LSE require one of Biology, Chemistry, Physics, Mathematics, Psychology for BSc Psychology.

That’s truee. Let me try and ask my psych teacher. I will update u
Reply 6
That’s truee. Let me try and ask my psych teacher. I will update u

Update: she agreed! Got it bumped to an A

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending