The Student Room Group
On campus at the University of Southampton
University of Southampton
Southampton
Visit website

Physics at Southampton with A*AB

I really love the physics courses at Southampton but the entry requirements for the 4 year courses is AAA and my predicted grades right now is A*AB. The A* is in maths, the in A physics and the B is in chem. Is it still worth applying eventhough im one grade below?
Beg on your knees to get the chem to be predicted an a
On campus at the University of Southampton
University of Southampton
Southampton
Visit website
Original post by janeeta.b
I really love the physics courses at Southampton but the entry requirements for the 4 year courses is AAA and my predicted grades right now is A*AB. The A* is in maths, the in A physics and the B is in chem. Is it still worth applying eventhough im one grade below?

i think it might still be worth applying but don't take my complete word for it.
i applied for one of the physics courses at southampton last yr n the original requirement was AAA too but after they gave me an offer, they also asked if i wanted to do an interview (it was optional n kinda informal i would say) which could lower the entry requirement for me. after the interview, they changed my entry requirement to AAB.
best advice i'd give is to talk to your teachers about it, esp your head of yr n get their advice as they would be experienced in helping students apply for uni
Reply 3
Thank you so much for the advice!! I think I'll deffo speak to my head of year about it, and have a look into these optional interviews

Hi there,

It's great to hear you're interested in the University of Southampton! It sound's like you're getting amazing grades that you should be really proud of! From looking at the website the offer is typically AAA-AAB. I obviously have no way of saying you will or won't be accepted but if you love the course I think it's always worth a go. From my memory, my college encouraged us to go for one university a little above our grades, 3 within our grades and one below as a safety option.

I agree with the previous answers that it's definitley worth discussing with someone at your college. You may also find it helpful to contact the enquiries team at the university :smile:

If you have any other questions please let me know :smile:

Katie
2nd year MSc Occupational Therapy student
Reply 5
Original post by Uni of Southampton Students
Hi there,

It's great to hear you're interested in the University of Southampton! It sound's like you're getting amazing grades that you should be really proud of! From looking at the website the offer is typically AAA-AAB. I obviously have no way of saying you will or won't be accepted but if you love the course I think it's always worth a go. From my memory, my college encouraged us to go for one university a little above our grades, 3 within our grades and one below as a safety option.

I agree with the previous answers that it's definitley worth discussing with someone at your college. You may also find it helpful to contact the enquiries team at the university :smile:

If you have any other questions please let me know :smile:

Katie
2nd year MSc Occupational Therapy student

Thank you for ur reply!! I think I'll deffo apply to it
Reply 6

hey ! i am going to be starting the physics course at Southampton this September, so I was just wondering what ended up happening and if you decided to go there ?
Reply 7
hiii, so in the end i did get the right predicted grades and Ill also be starting there in september!!

Original post by Vidhisha_
hey ! i am going to be starting the physics course at Southampton this September, so I was just wondering what ended up happening and if you decided to go there ?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending