The Student Room Group

Midwifery UCAS 2019

Scroll to see replies

Original post by SophieGrove
Ah fingers crossed! I wanna hear so badly now, even if it’s just a discovery day 😂 x

Hopefully it won't be too mucb longer, x
Original post by Jacksmummy
Hopefully it won't be too mucb longer, x

I’ve heard back, I logged into my ucas as I remembered from last time that you don’t get the track email until the next day! No uni for me! I knew I would get declined anyway as I was two merits short 😩 good luck! X
Original post by SophieGrove
I’ve heard back, I logged into my ucas as I remembered from last time that you don’t get the track email until the next day! No uni for me! I knew I would get declined anyway as I was two merits short 😩 good luck! X

Oh no I'm so sorry 😢 I was unsuccessful with dmu for entry requirements, it's horrible. Have you got a back up plan xx
Reply 43
Don’t lose hope girls! This is my fourth year applying and I finally received my offer to study midwifery at Cardiff yesterday! It’s worth all the hard work and waiting in the end x
Original post by JStan1
Don’t lose hope girls! This is my fourth year applying and I finally received my offer to study midwifery at Cardiff yesterday! It’s worth all the hard work and waiting in the end x

Congratulations I bet you're over the moon! You're definitely right about not losing hope though, I applied 5 years ago and received 5 rejections before interview however this time I've managed to get 4 interviews. My first one is next week so I'm praying I can get a place but if I don't I'm still proud I did better than last time and next year I'll apply and do better than this time 💪
Reply 45
Congratulations I bet you're over the moon! You're definitely right about not losing hope though, I applied 5 years ago and received 5 rejections before interview however this time I've managed to get 4 interviews. My first one is next week so I'm praying I can get a place but if I don't I'm still proud I did better than last time and next year I'll apply and do better than this time 💪

It doesn’t even feel real! I never had any interviews either in my previous years applying so when I received the invite to interview for Cardiff I was so pleased just to have got that far! Never in a million years did I think I would be offered a place. I keep thinking they’re going to email me saying they’ve made a mistake and I’ve been unsuccessful!
Original post by JStan1
It doesn’t even feel real! I never had any interviews either in my previous years applying so when I received the invite to interview for Cardiff I was so pleased just to have got that far! Never in a million years did I think I would be offered a place. I keep thinking they’re going to email me saying they’ve made a mistake and I’ve been unsuccessful!

Hahaha don't be silly, you obviously did amazing. Well done x
Reply 47
Hahaha don't be silly, you obviously did amazing. Well done x

The interview was tough! The MMI definitely felt like I was in midwifery speed dating and it was a lot to process! So I am in shock that my answers came through well enough for them to offer me a place.

Where have you applied? X
Original post by JStan1
The interview was tough! The MMI definitely felt like I was in midwifery speed dating and it was a lot to process! So I am in shock that my answers came through well enough for them to offer me a place.

Ooh I'm a bit scared about the mmi's 😬
I've applied to Edge Hill, Coventry, Northampton and Nottingham
Reply 49
Ooh I'm a bit scared about the mmi's 😬
I've applied to Edge Hill, Coventry, Northampton and Nottingham

Amazing!

You’ll do fantastic I’m sure! As long as you know all the qualities and role of a midwife and then you can get that into any question they ask you. As well as any topical reading. I talked about FGM in my interview. X
Reply 50
Hi
Well done JStan1 ! Can I ask when your interview at Cardiff was please? Daughter had hers on 13th but not heard back yet. They said they'd reply by end of March. Thanks.
Reply 51
Hi, has anyone had an interview at Salford yet? Or have one this week?
Thanks
Hi! Sorry to jump onto an old thread but I’ve got an interview for Cardiff this month and I’m so nervous about the MMI! Do you think you can prepare for it?x
Original post by JStan1

Reply 53
Well done JStan1! Can I ask what date your Cardiff interview was on please? They said they'd reply by end of March for an interview on 13th Feb but no reply yet. Thanks.
I had an interview at Salford on 11th, just waiting to hear back. Have you heard anything yet?
Original post by jol0123
Hi, has anyone had an interview at Salford yet? Or have one this week?
Thanks
Reply 55
I had my interview on the 28th February and received a conditional offer a few days later, hopefully you’ll hear back soon x
Original post by JenniferB
I had an interview at Salford on 11th, just waiting to hear back. Have you heard anything yet?
I had an interview on the 11th March! Still waiting to hear back .
Original post by FionaLOck
I had an interview on the 11th March! Still waiting to hear back .

Hopefully no news is good news... not doing my nerves any good though I’m checking UCAS track about five times a day on the off chance they haven’t sent me an email haha!
I keep doing exactly the same thing. Are you doing midwifery or adult nursing
Hopefully no news is good news... not doing my nerves any good though I’m checking UCAS track about five times a day on the off chance they haven’t sent me an email haha!

It’s what I hope for. Did you apply for adult nursing or midwifery?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending