The Student Room Group

English language AQA

Hey! My aim for English language is to get an 8 or above grade, however my teacher is not very good. I really struggle with English Language so I really hoped someone could send me full mark sample answers that I can reference and if someone could explain their grade 8 + structure for Q1, Q2 and Q3 for AQA ENGLISH LANGUAGE AQA, it would be great!! I honestly need help so please please reply, espessially if you have ANY sample full mark answers. Even if you don’t, some advice would be good too! Thanks ! <3
Reply 1
I got *almost* full marks in my English gcse last year in my language paper 2 exam - 74/80

I literally just concentrated loads in the lesson and used Mr Bruff. That’s literally all. Just concentrate 100% in lesson then about 3 days before exam practice the structure.

If you’re finding it really hard, identity soft/weak points and work on them throughout the year. Other than that, stay focused and use mr bruff!
Reply 2
Original post by timif2
I got *almost* full marks in my English gcse last year in my language paper 2 exam - 74/80

I literally just concentrated loads in the lesson and used Mr Bruff. That’s literally all. Just concentrate 100% in lesson then about 3 days before exam practice the structure.

If you’re finding it really hard, identity soft/weak points and work on them throughout the year. Other than that, stay focused and use mr bruff!

Do you have any example answers??? X
Reply 3
Original post by timif2

Also, did English language come naturally to you? I find only the analysis in paper one very difficult but I can do paper 2 fine. Thanks!
Reply 4
Original post by M_xd1x._
Also, did English language come naturally to you? I find only the analysis in paper one very difficult but I can do paper 2 fine. Thanks!

Sweet. I’d say just work on your weaknesses in p1 then but buy the mr bruff revision guide for it too, cos I did (although barely used it) and I just remembered I did buy like a gcse English language cgp book which I used and that helped a bit. Yeah it did come naturally I was always replacing me words with bigger words in primary school secondary and absolutely loved learning new words but I hated readin lol. That reminds me - also try and be more proactive when learning words, always try and use the best vocabulary, always have fun learning new words, or ways to say things.That’s always quite good. Natural ability only goes so far. If you put the work in, you shouldn’t have problems. I don’t have sample answers but I sent someone some advice, I’ll reply it your other post
(edited 5 years ago)
Reply 5
Original post by timif2
Sweet. I’d say just work on your weaknesses in p1 then but buy the mr bruff revision guide for it too, cos I did (although barely used it) and I just remembered I did buy like a gcse English language cgp book which I used and that helped a bit. Yeah it did come naturally I was always replacing me words with bigger words in primary school secondary and absolutely loved learning new words but I hated readin lol. That reminds me - also try and be more proactive when learning words, always try and use the best vocabulary, always have fun learning new words, or ways to say things.That’s always quite good. Natural ability only goes so far. If you put the work in, you shouldn’t have problems. I don’t have sample answers but I sent someone some advice, I’ll reply it your other post

Thanks!
Reply 6
F*ck! If you were with Edexcel, I could give you a few full-marks sample answers. I scored full marks on the creative writing in the first paper (59/64 marks overall) and full marks in the second. If you want anything from me, I'm happy to help.
i'm doing edexcel english language, any tips? i got a 5 in the mocks but i would like a 7
Original post by Tolgarda
F*ck! If you were with Edexcel, I could give you a few full-marks sample answers. I scored full marks on the creative writing in the first paper (59/64 marks overall) and full marks in the second. If you want anything from me, I'm happy to help.

can you help me? plzz
Reply 9
Original post by Maneki<neko
can you help me? plzz

Sure, DM me with what you want help with, and I will try my best.
Sure, DM me with what you want help with, and I will try my best.

how do i send dm? im new
Original post by Maneki<neko
how do i send dm? im new

on nvm sry
Reply 12

Hey! Could you please send me the sample answers?? It would be such a help even though I’m doing AQA. Thanks!! <3
Original post by M_xd1x._
Hey! Could you please send me the sample answers?? It would be such a help even though I’m doing AQA. Thanks!! <3

Sure, but you would have to DM me for that.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending