The Student Room Group

Strong application for Degree Apprenticeships

How do I make sure I have a strong application for a degree apprenticeships?

What can I do to ensure I secure one next year or this year
bump
Reply 2
Original post by shimmyjimmyfor3

Application wise with the fields your interested in try and make sure you have experience or even showcased your interest in it by attending events, going to workshops doing online work experience it really showcases your dedicated to that field, put that in ur CV and note your key achievements from that.
I would deffo invest time in making a great CV, making sure you have relevant experience and tailor that CV for every role you apply to, it’s hard work but it really makes a difference. Especially if your thinking of applying next year get as much experience as you can, you can speak about them when it comes to video interviews and assessment centres.
Don’t be generic when they ask you why are you interested in this field, role company etc and when I say you need to I honestly cannot stress this enough find unique selling points about the company that are niche and put that as your interest not the generic global brand or the name of the company, it’s unoriginal. You need to make yourself stand out over the 1000’s of applications they receive.
These are some of my tips and they have landed me two degree apprenticeships!
Original post by iffyxo
Application wise with the fields your interested in try and make sure you have experience or even showcased your interest in it by attending events, going to workshops doing online work experience it really showcases your dedicated to that field, put that in ur CV and note your key achievements from that.
I would deffo invest time in making a great CV, making sure you have relevant experience and tailor that CV for every role you apply to, it’s hard work but it really makes a difference. Especially if your thinking of applying next year get as much experience as you can, you can speak about them when it comes to video interviews and assessment centres.
Don’t be generic when they ask you why are you interested in this field, role company etc and when I say you need to I honestly cannot stress this enough find unique selling points about the company that are niche and put that as your interest not the generic global brand or the name of the company, it’s unoriginal. You need to make yourself stand out over the 1000’s of applications they receive.
These are some of my tips and they have landed me two degree apprenticeships!

Insane value thanks wish I could bookmark a post
Original post by shimmyjimmyfor3

Hi,

There are usually 3 stages to the application process. Degree apprenticeships are extremely competitive so you need to do really well in all of these stages. I'll give you a brief summary down below but if you want further information, I can send you some links which will help you much more. Just reply to this and let me know if you want those.

1) Online application - ensure you know how to write a CV and cover letter, research the company thoroughly so that you can personalise, have lots of work experience and key achievements so that you can showcase that you have the required skills

2) Online testing - this can come in many forms so would be easier for me to send a link to information about these

3) Assessment centre - requires a very good performance in an interview, group exercise, presentation and case study. Practice is what you need here so that you can go into this completely confident. Be ready to showcase communication skills, collaboration skills, time management and attention to detail.

Hope that helps. Again, let me know if you want those links for further guidance.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending