The Student Room Group

'Brexit Box' - Hundreds stocking up on food over brexit fears

What's your take on this - inciting fear or people acting on genuine concerns? Brexit survival kits are now being sold for nearly £300 to help people concerned about the impact of Brexit...

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-leeds-46814527
Water filters and fire starting gel, do they seriously expect things to go that south?
People really need to calm down; leaving the EU won't mean that food will be unavailable for the British.
These people require to study the UK's worth to the EU and the rest of the damn globe. Food will continue to exist via trade, don't worry your hats.
Original post by StrawberryDreams
What's your take on this - inciting fear or people acting on genuine concerns? Brexit survival kits are now being sold for nearly £300 to help people concerned about the impact of Brexit...

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-leeds-46814527

Someone's making a nice profit out of those survival kits. :lol:
Reply 4
The only problem here is morons with massive freezers deciding to clear out a supermarket. We will have enough food in the country, but we will struggle if a tenth of the population decide to buy ten times their usual all at once.
Somebody's copying the Alex Jones business plan. This sounds like it could have come straight out of the Patriot Pantry.

I guess somebody was going to spot the chance to make a quick buck. As above, this James Blake fellow must be taking quite the margin on these boxes.
It never ceases to amaze me that so many members of the public are desperate enough to get their fifteen minutes of fame that they are prepared to go on TV or online and declare how stupid they are in order to achieve it. Bizarre!
I wouldn't be suprised if Soros & Co. pay a bunch of people to clean out cheap tinned food around March to try and start a panic.
Reply 8
Whoever's selling those kits is making a killing.
AKA morons
I also wonder how much of Lynda's stockpile will actually be left by March 29th.
Bunch of paranoid halfwits, I kinda hope we get a no-deal Brexit just to see the look on their faces
Reply 12
I don't need to stock up on food, I will just harvest a few brexiters and flame grill them.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending