'Brexit Box' - Hundreds stocking up on food over brexit fears

Watch
StrawberryDreams
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
What's your take on this - inciting fear or people acting on genuine concerns? Brexit survival kits are now being sold for nearly £300 to help people concerned about the impact of Brexit...

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-leeds-46814527
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Water filters and fire starting gel, do they seriously expect things to go that south?
username3900288
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
People really need to calm down; leaving the EU won't mean that food will be unavailable for the British.
These people require to study the UK's worth to the EU and the rest of the damn globe. Food will continue to exist via trade, don't worry your hats.
jameswhughes
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by StrawberryDreams)
What's your take on this - inciting fear or people acting on genuine concerns? Brexit survival kits are now being sold for nearly £300 to help people concerned about the impact of Brexit...

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-leeds-46814527
Someone's making a nice profit out of those survival kits. :lol:
ThomH97
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
The only problem here is morons with massive freezers deciding to clear out a supermarket. We will have enough food in the country, but we will struggle if a tenth of the population decide to buy ten times their usual all at once.
TimmonaPortella
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Somebody's copying the Alex Jones business plan. This sounds like it could have come straight out of the Patriot Pantry.

I guess somebody was going to spot the chance to make a quick buck. As above, this James Blake fellow must be taking quite the margin on these boxes.
Good bloke
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
It never ceases to amaze me that so many members of the public are desperate enough to get their fifteen minutes of fame that they are prepared to go on TV or online and declare how stupid they are in order to achieve it. Bizarre!
DrMikeHuntHertz
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
I wouldn't be suprised if Soros & Co. pay a bunch of people to clean out cheap tinned food around March to try and start a panic.
MQE99
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Whoever's selling those kits is making a killing.
YaliaV
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
AKA morons
DrMikeHuntHertz
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
I also wonder how much of Lynda's stockpile will actually be left by March 29th.
NickAlex12
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Bunch of paranoid halfwits, I kinda hope we get a no-deal Brexit just to see the look on their faces
Maker
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
I don't need to stock up on food, I will just harvest a few brexiters and flame grill them.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you worried that a cap in student numbers would affect your place at uni?

Yes (239)
61.13%
No (81)
20.72%
Not sure (71)
18.16%

Watched Threads