The Student Room Group

Can you give me any advice about My Next Year’s A-Levels?

Hello Student Room,
I put this thread up because I think it has a better title than the other one before this. I think I am more likely to get replies on this thread than the other. I think I may either delete that thread or change its title at least but I believe neither of these things are possible. Are either of those things possible? Can you give me any advice about My Next Year’s A-Levels? Any advice would be appreciated if I got any.
No because you ahven't given enough information - do you mean you are taking them next year (ie you are in Y12)? Or do you mean in choosing A level subjects? EIther way you need to be more specific about what sort of advice you are looking for - your question is too vague.....
I am currently doing a redo of Year 11. I know what three subjects I want to do for A-Levels which are: Maths, Accountancy and Economics. I will be taking them in the year 2021. I know which subjects I want to do so I don’t need advice in choosing A-Level subjects. Is it possible to change a title of a thread or delete it?
You need to be a little cautious - ironically, although you may think you have chosen wisely, a) your choices are all very similar (and possibly a bit narrow) and b) you have chosen only 1 facilitating subject (Maths) and the other 2 are classed as none facilitating. Most Universities are happy with 1 none facilitating but most of the higher ranked universities will not consider applicants with 2.....

https://successatschool.org/advicedetails/204/facilitating-subjects
Most of the other facilitating subjects other than Maths, I have considered but then I have decided they are too hard for me as they will have essay questions in them or it is hard for me to find a place that does them or they are not my passion or strength or got anything to do with my planned future career. I don’t mind not going to a high ranked university as long as I still do well there and it is still the best for me.
Economics is an essay subject.
I know that but it has something to do with my planned future career and I should be good at it as it has a bit to do with my passion or strength. I may consider Statistics if that comes up as a new subject at the place I am planning to do A-Levels as the only place I can find that does that is in Stoke or if Latin came up as a possibility at my college then I may consider that as the only place I can find that does that is in Birmingham. I may not do well in Economics as it is hard and it is an essay subject.
(edited 5 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest