The Student Room Group

Should I take Drama or Art?

I have to pick my options for GCSEs and I am debating either to take Drama or Art. I love doing Art in my spare time but I don't know if Drama would be more logical to take as my grades are slightly higher and I do like the subject. My gut instinct is Art but I really don't know. Any advice?
Hi there! Im currently in year 11 and I am doing art for gcses. I understand that you like creating art in your spare time, however I would not do it for gcse. In year 10 and year 11 you will notice that you are forced in creating some art that your not typically intrested in and researching some artists that you dont really admire. There is also a lot of work outside of school for art, which could possibly lead for you not having time to do the art that you really enjoy in the spare time. If you decide to take art, it will be very stressful. Drama's written exams are also challenging. however I think theyre much more do-able. I hope this helps and good luck with your options.
Reply 2
Thank you!
I would probably choose art as it is an advantage if you choose to go into architecture or something artistic in the future whereas, drama isn't useful in anything unless you would like to do something in drama after your GCSEs.
By the way I'm also in yr 11 but I think you should just do what you enjoy best
Reply 4
That isn’t really true drama can lead to so many career choices and it shows u have confidence and teamwork and is something that a lot of interviewers would like and would make a job application stand out! Good luck, I’m choosing mine atm and I have decided drama it sounds like such a fun subject and is something I’m passionate about however I’m scared of the performances but I will get through it hopefully!

Quick Reply

Latest