The Student Room Group

GCSE Science

I am currently in Year 11 and have just finished my January mocks. My results were:
-Science 3
-English language 6
-English literature 6
-Geography 6
-French 7
-Maths 7

So these aren't great results by my standards. I'd really like all 7s for my actual results. For A-levels, I'm doing Maths, Psychology and English literature. However, my main concern is Combined Science, and I'm really rooting for a 77. Upon receiving this result, I was disheartened, to say the least. Do you think there is still hope for me, and if so, what is the fastest way to improve my grade? Thank you!
Original post by kiera modi
I am currently in Year 11 and have just finished my January mocks. My results were:
-Science 3
-English language 6
-English literature 6
-Geography 6
-French 7
-Maths 7

So these aren't great results by my standards. I'd really like all 7s for my actual results. For A-levels, I'm doing Maths, Psychology and English literature. However, my main concern is Combined Science, and I'm really rooting for a 77. Upon receiving this result, I was disheartened, to say the least. Do you think there is still hope for me, and if so, what is the fastest way to improve my grade? Thank you!

Don't get yourself down, I was working on a 5,5 for Combined last year, but I've worked really hard this year, and in my mocks I managed to achieve an 8,8! If you are struggling try lot's of different techniques. Freesciencelessons have really good detailed videos of science on youtube and PrimroseKitten does quick summaries of the whole paper so you can see what you've missed. I also have Seneca which is amazinf for sciences and I really recommend it. Don't be disheartened with what you recieved at mocks, just remember it's not the real thing!
Reply 2
Original post by lcrabt21
Don't get yourself down, I was working on a 5,5 for Combined last year, but I've worked really hard this year, and in my mocks I managed to achieve an 8,8! If you are struggling try lot's of different techniques. Freesciencelessons have really good detailed videos of science on youtube and PrimroseKitten does quick summaries of the whole paper so you can see what you've missed. I also have Seneca which is amazinf for sciences and I really recommend it. Don't be disheartened with what you recieved at mocks, just remember it's not the real thing!

Thank you so much for your response! I'll definitely check those two out.
Thank you so much for your response! I'll definitely check those two out.

I hope it works out for you! And good luck in the summer!
Reply 4
No idea if you’ll read this but I got a 76! Very happy.
No idea if you’ll read this but I got a 76! Very happy.

Well done!!! I knew you could do it <3 I managed to get a 98 which I’m super chuffed about :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest