The Student Room Group

hcpc or CBiol

I've been looking at a couple of biomedical science courses and some it seems to be that the better universities have RSB accreditation and the smaller universities have IBMS accreditation. The RSB accreditation leads to becoming a chartered biologist and the IBMS accreditation leads to being on the HCPC register. From what i've seen, the HCPC seems to the better accreditation to take.My question is, is the better accreditation worth going to a worse university or is it better to go to the better university? Or am I wrong all together and is the RSB accreditation better making this question obsolete.
RSR Accreditation is just a statement, nothing more. It doesn't open or close any doors.

IBMS accreditation DOES NOT allow you to register with the HCPC. The HCPC regulate many professions, one of which is a Biomedical Scientist. If you want to be a Biomedical Scientist, the only courses that include HCPC registration are BSc Healthcare Science (Life Science). IBMS accreditation is a requirement of HCPC registration but you have to complete the registration portfolio. A Trainee job or placement is required to do this but these are rare and as such BSc Healthcare Science (Life Science) is the best route.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending