The Student Room Group

HCPC

Hello All
Just need to clear my understanding. Is it necessary to study an HCPC recognized Master's program as an international student in the UK to get employed as a physiotherapist after completion of the master's program?
Original post by fayeka
Hello All
Just need to clear my understanding. Is it necessary to study an HCPC recognized Master's program as an international student in the UK to get employed as a physiotherapist after completion of the master's program?

The physiotherapy profession is regulated in the UK by the HCPC, and the job titles physiotherapist and physical therapist are legally protected This means that in order to use those job titles, and practice as a physiotherapist, you need to have met the educational and other requirements defined by HCPC.

The list of approved educational programmes can be found on the HCPC web site, here.

They are a mix of undergraduate and postgraduate degrees. Do you already have an undergraduate degree, albeit not one approved by the HCPC? If so, then one of the many approved postgraduate degrees listed will be what you will need.

Note that each of these programmes will have their own entry requirements, and that not all are open to international students.
Reply 2
I appreciate your quick and detailed reply DataVenia
Answering your query for: Do you already have an undergraduate degree, albeit not one approved by the HCPC?
To begin with, I have a UG degree from MCHP (MAHE) India and i have received offers from Coventry University & Salford University so far for my PG studies. I intend to work in UK as a physiotherapist post my PG studies and unfortunately both the universities programs are not on the HCPC recognized list. I am in a dilemma now!
Original post by fayeka
I appreciate your quick and detailed reply DataVenia
Answering your query for: Do you already have an undergraduate degree, albeit not one approved by the HCPC?
To begin with, I have a UG degree from MCHP (MAHE) India and i have received offers from Coventry University & Salford University so far for my PG studies. I intend to work in UK as a physiotherapist post my PG studies and unfortunately both the universities programs are not on the HCPC recognized list. I am in a dilemma now!

You say that the offers from Coventry and Salford are those you have received "so far". Have you applied (and are still awaiting a response) for any which are approved by the HCPC?
Reply 4
Yes I am waiting for a few more responses where I have applied but not fully aware whether they are recognized by HCPC. Have to check with the link you sent before.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending