The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

no worries and good on you! haha i got mine in abt ten days :smile: a bit panicky abt AR tbh
Original post by Ccea2020
aw thank you so much, i've been improving in the timed sections and i still have about 3 weeks, so im gonna start mocks from the 1st onwards.
I have completed a couple of medify mock exams for my ucat. Can someone explain how the scoring works. Because on one mock exam, I got 22 correct and 2 partially correct and on the other got 25 correct and 4 partially correct. But on both, I got a score of 700-800, can someone explain how the score should be calculated?
aw i hate that section, i focusing on just that today, like for me i think im ready to start mocks for the other sections and hopefully over the 3 weeks i'll keep improving with increased practice. how are you finding the mocks?

Original post by rhysreeds
no worries and good on you! haha i got mine in abt ten days :smile: a bit panicky abt AR tbh
I have no idea how I will get through A2 content, even though I've already completed all pure math of A2 a level math.
Original post by HappyMedic2001
Hi, I did my UCAT last year and had to make the same decision. Originally was booked for the 15th of August but changed it to the 22nd of September. Due to having other commitments.
If you don’t feel confident with your UCAT score currently and think you will in Sept go for it. Take into consideration the amount of time you’ll have in September as well, since A2 content is getting introduced and personal statements.
ive done a few mini mocks and a few mocks but personally i feel like they're varied in terms of difficulty - like i just did a QR mock and there were no four-step calculations at all but in others there are maybe up to 4 or 5 of those kind of questions? it all comes down to the real thing i guess like lastlullaby said above
(edited 4 years ago)
I thought the same at the start of year 13. I also completed all of AS and A2 Pure maths in year 12. It will be tricky. ( Found biology A2 hard) but keep on working hard. I think I found year 13 hard cuz of my med interviews, BMAT and mocks all combined.
Original post by lightningspeed
I have no idea how I will get through A2 content, even though I've already completed all pure math of A2 a level math.
This is a rough guide to scoring but it varies year on year so don’t think if you get 800 on this scoring it would be 800 in the real thing

https://www.blackstonetutors.co.uk/how-are-ucat-scores-scaled8203.html
Original post by Callum1245629
I have completed a couple of medify mock exams for my ucat. Can someone explain how the scoring works. Because on one mock exam, I got 22 correct and 2 partially correct and on the other got 25 correct and 4 partially correct. But on both, I got a score of 700-800, can someone explain how the score should be calculated?
I once got 830 in one and in another one I got 650. definitely varied
Original post by rhysreeds
ive done a few mini mocks and a few mocks but personally i feel like they're varied in terms of difficulty - like i just did a QR mock and there were no four-step calculations at all but in others there are maybe up to 4 or 5 of those kind of questions? it all comes down to the real thing i guess like lastlullaby said above
Yes I will also try my best ( maybe not my best, still gotta enjoy summer and play fortnite :biggrin: )
Original post by HappyMedic2001
I thought the same at the start of year 13. I also completed all of AS and A2 Pure maths in year 12. It will be tricky. ( Found biology A2 hard) but keep on working hard. I think I found year 13 hard cuz of my med interviews, BMAT and mocks all combined.
Definitely enjoy this summer! Year 13 summer is full of fun and at the same time worrying about results day!😂
Original post by lightningspeed
Yes I will also try my best ( maybe not my best, still gotta enjoy summer and play fortnite :biggrin: )
Reply 1210
Hi, i have my exam in just under 3 weeks and can't pick up patterns at all in the AR section:frown:. I just don't know where to start when I'm looking at the set a and set b questions and only managed 540( my highest so far) in a mock. Could anyone please suggest how to approach these questions and how on earth to "see" the patterns?
Thank you!
Use the SCANSOASIS acronym and look at the two simplest boxes of set A to start with
Original post by Jxnki
Hi, i have my exam in just under 3 weeks and can't pick up patterns at all in the AR section:frown:. I just don't know where to start when I'm looking at the set a and set b questions and only managed 540( my highest so far) in a mock. Could anyone please suggest how to approach these questions and how on earth to "see" the patterns?
Thank you!
Original post by Sososnake
This is a rough guide to scoring but it varies year on year so don’t think if you get 800 on this scoring it would be 800 in the real thing

https://www.blackstonetutors.co.uk/how-are-ucat-scores-scaled8203.html

Scoring is done based on how the first cohort did in the exam (though there have beena couple of sdjustments going along, but it has used the same basic criteria), ie the top score they achieved is equal to 900, the bottom score 300 (and that might not be full marks or zero). The scoring is the same each year, but the cohort and questions vary, hence the difference in deciles each year
What score should I be aiming to achieve in the UCAT this year?
Thank you no I can’t change the date. And I’m not smart so it seems very hard for me which is the reason I’ve delayed it cos I know 650 is out of reach. Do u have any tips on how to get maximum marks last minute and do u think I can still pull it off with 7 days left say I do like 8 hrs a day 😂 thank you x
Original post by Sososnake
Use the SCANSOASIS acronym and look at the two simplest boxes of set A to start with

Can someone pls tell me the acronyms for each
Thank you. Could u pls be kind to give me a summary of tips because 63 pages seems a bit long 😂 if u can’t dw
What does it stand for lol
Hey guys, just done one of the medify mini mocks for DM and I’ve got all the probability q’s wrong :frown: does anyone have any tips/good resources for this? I’ve read through the medify advice but still don’t seem to be improving!
Thanks!
Does anyone know how your raw score is converted into your final score? Thanks :smile:

Latest

Trending

Trending