The Student Room Group

Questions about applying to unis in the Netherlands

Hey guys, I had some questions about applying to unis in the Netherlands;

1) What are the grade requirements for students that have done (I)GCSEs, AS and A levels?

2) How hard is it to get into Dutch unis?

3) What do Dutch unis focus more on, academic transcripts or AS/A level results?

4) Would a really good motivation letter make up for inadequate grades? Also, can it improve chances of being accepted?
Reply 1
Someone please reply : (
Reply 2
Is anyone there?
Reply 3
I will try!

1) What are the grade requirements for students that have done (I)GCSEs, AS and A levels?

I think it is minimum 4 GCSEs and 3 A levels grades CCC. This is for the Research Universities. The Universities of Applied Sciences offer vocational courses such as physiotherapy and require lower grades.

Very easy if you have the grades, The Numerus Fixus courses (medicine, aerospace engineering etc) are harder to get onto as they are selective.

3) What do Dutch unis focus more on, academic transcripts or AS/A level results?

Predicted grades and results.

4) Would a really good motivation letter make up for inadequate grades? Also, can it improve chances of being accepted?

No motivational letter for most course.
For numerous fixus course I have applied for: 40% Grades, 40% Motivational Letter, 20% Entrance Exams to get the final ranking.

Hope this helps.
Reply 4
Original post by Breward
I will try!

I think it is minimum 4 GCSEs and 3 A levels grades CCC. This is for the Research Universities. The Universities of Applied Sciences offer vocational courses such as physiotherapy and require lower grades.

Very easy if you have the grades, The Numerus Fixus courses (medicine, aerospace engineering etc) are harder to get onto as they are selective.

Predicted grades and results.

No motivational letter for most course.
For numerous fixus course I have applied for: 40% Grades, 40% Motivational Letter, 20% Entrance Exams to get the final ranking.

Hope this helps.

Thankyou so much!

So just to clarify, are the universities of applied sciences as good as the research ones?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending