The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
What do you think is the best method of learning (for the first time for part of it) the whole of C1 & C2 by the 2nd of June? I've missed a lot of this year for various reasons and I think I've about covered the whole syllabus, but my problem is that I can work through it in the text book and understand it, but when I look at past papers I just can't get through them. Halp?
Reply 61
walterp
1/4 multiplied by
n!
[2! (n-2)!]

is meant to somehow give
n(n-1)

but im not sure how to get to the answer

1/4 * n!/[2!(n - 2)!]

= 1/4 * n(n - 1)(n - 2)(n - 3)...(3)(2)(1)/[(2*1)*(n - 2)n - 3)(n - 4)...(3)(2)(1).

After a lot of cancelling it gives the required result :smile: .
Reply 62
can someone please pelase PLEASE help me with the tangent/normal questions on C1 AND, the stupid inequalities...if anyone is XTREME and can explain them well please let me know and i'll add you on msn! thanks thanks thankkkkks xxx
Reply 63
Tangents are the lines which touch curves at one point.
Normals are generally perpendicular to these tangents.
Reply 64
I'm just looking at a C2 mark scheme and it says 'if candidate makes more than one attempt at a question and they are all crossed out/none are crossed out mark them all and score the single highest attempt' surely that couldn't happen because then if people weren't sure they could put loads of different methods down and the chances are one of them would be right
Reply 65
Yes, it's a valid exam technique.

Just wastes a LOT of time.

They will mark EVERYTHING you write down. They don't have to just take your first answer.
ritam101
can someone please pelase PLEASE help me with the tangent/normal questions on C1 AND, the stupid inequalities...if anyone is XTREME and can explain them well please let me know and i'll add you on msn! thanks thanks thankkkkks xxx

i will, if you want
Reply 67
Is it me, or has anyone else not seen a questions on increasing and decreasing functions? It seems to be the only thing in C2 that never comes up...
fait
Is it me, or has anyone else not seen a questions on increasing and decreasing functions? It seems to be the only thing in C2 that never comes up...

Last question on C2 June 2005.
Reply 69
What is everyone expecting from this exam/? I hope its no way near the M1 this year..
Reply 70
C1 I should get 100% on.
C2 I should get 100% on.

Overall, I'm looking for 100% <_<
Reply 71
Good for you, i've got 4-5 days to ace C2..
Anything higher than an E (I got an E in C1 in jan, working at a C in C2 at the mo) and aiming for a B if i can :cool:
Reply 73
Inquilaab
Good for you, i've got 4-5 days to ace C2..

Eh, how come?
The exam isn't for another week and a half.
Reply 74
EvenStevens
Eh, how come?
The exam isn't for another week and a half.

Got 3 other Subjects to study for..all my remaining exams are inconveniently placed within a 3 day time frame :|
Reply 75
Ouch, unlucky :frown:
Inquilaab
Got 3 other Subjects to study for..all my remaining exams are inconveniently placed within a 3 day time frame :|

So are mine don't worry, 5 different exams for 3 different subjects in 3 days :frown:
Loz17
So are mine don't worry, 5 different exams for 3 different subjects in 3 days :frown:

7 different exams, for three different subjects, in three days. :cool:

But anyway, the questions may very well be of a similar style to the M1 and S1 exams (i.e. quirky questions designed to throw people off). However, the restraints of the curriculum should prevent any question from actually being difficult.
Reply 78
I have 11 in 3 days! :frown:

C1, C2. Next day, 3 Biology and 3 R.S. Day after, 3 Chemistry! =[

I'm just hoping the definite integration question isn't too bad. I'm not too good at finding the area between a curve and line when I can't use the (area of curve - area of line) rule, or vice versa.

I'm really worried that they might throw in a worded sequence question. Those things get me every fricken' time!
Reply 79
"Area of a line"?

Heh.

Those questions generally aren't so bad as long as you visualise them right.

Latest

Trending

Trending