The Student Room Group

a-level options

so im considering taking 4 subjects for a level, along with general re and welsh baccalaureate which are compulsory. i was thinking of choosing psychology, law, biology and criminology. do you think this is a good combination? i want to do psychology in university, and maybe forensic psychology post graduate. i have checked the entry requirements for the universities id like to attend however none of them had required subjects.. so i'm still not sure. im an a*/a student and sometimes get b's..
Original post by susu6679
so im considering taking 4 subjects for a level, along with general re and welsh baccalaureate which are compulsory. i was thinking of choosing psychology, law, biology and criminology. do you think this is a good combination? i want to do psychology in university, and maybe forensic psychology post graduate. i have checked the entry requirements for the universities id like to attend however none of them had required subjects.. so i'm still not sure. im an a*/a student and sometimes get b's..

Is there a reason why you are taking 4 A levels - it's just that Unis only ask for 3?

Of the ones you suggested, I would say that Psychology and Biology go well together for a Psychology degree
Reply 2
Original post by harrysbar
Is there a reason why you are taking 4 A levels - it's just that Unis only ask for 3?

Of the ones you suggested, I would say that Psychology and Biology go well together for a Psychology degree

no particular reason, i just think it's subjects i'd enjoy. i would probably drop law at a2 though.
Original post by susu6679
no particular reason, i just think it's subjects i'd enjoy. i would probably drop law at a2 though.

Ok - it just sounds like a lot of work :smile:

But yes, sometimes people take 4 and decide which one they want to drop after a few months so they can concentrate on the 3 subjects they are enjoying the most
Reply 4
Original post by harrysbar
Ok - it just sounds like a lot of work :smile:

But yes, sometimes people take 4 and decide which one they want to drop after a few months so they can concentrate on the 3 subjects they are enjoying the most

yeah, i know it will be a big jump from gcses. less subjects but a lot more content. i'm willing to put all my effort in though :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest