The Student Room Group

National 5 Drama 2018/19

Hello fellow thespians!

Have you gotten your exam texts yet? How did the drama and production skills units work out for you? How was your prelim?

Here is your space to talk all things drama (as I'm pretty sure there isn't a thread on it already).
Original post by aingidh
Hello fellow thespians!

Have you gotten your exam texts yet? How did the drama and production skills units work out for you? How was your prelim?

Here is your space to talk all things drama (as I'm pretty sure there isn't a thread on it already).

Giving this a :bump: now that exams are approaching to see if we can find some more people doing drama. How are you all getting on? :smile:
Reply 2
hey how’s everything going w nat 5 drama, n how was ur practical exams x
Reply 3
I think it’s going well. I didn’t mess up any lines in the practical, although what made me nervous was the examiner. The SQA only sent one external examiner, and performances were happening simultaneously across two rooms, so we got given one of the other drama teachers who hadn’t taught our class. I guess it made me nervous as I knew who she was and didn’t want to disappoint her.

Original post by zras83
hey how’s everything going w nat 5 drama, n how was ur practical exams x
Hope that the exam goes well tomorrow! :smile:
Reply 5
Well that was a mixed bag. The questions were easy enough but they never give you enough space to answer for N5 Drama. I wish they’d give you a separate booklet like they do for English, business and social subjects.

I didn’t particularly like any of the stimuli apart from the quote “like father like son, like mother like daughter” which I made a compelling drama about parental neglect and child abuse from.

I worried that I’d run out of time but I had about 15 mins to spare by the last question.
Reply 6
Original post by aingidh
Well that was a mixed bag. The questions were easy enough but they never give you enough space to answer for N5 Drama. I wish they’d give you a separate booklet like they do for English, business and social subjects.

I didn’t particularly like any of the stimuli apart from the quote “like father like son, like mother like daughter” which I made a compelling drama about parental neglect and child abuse from.

I worried that I’d run out of time but I had about 15 mins to spare by the last question.

Yeah I agree with the fact that they should’ve given more space to write as I ended up using all the lines and then all the space below the lines and almost all of the additional space at the back of the booklet. I had already thought of a drama for section 2 also about abuse within a family which explicitly linked to stimulus two, so I was quite happy about that. Overall, I didn’t think it was a particularly challenging paper and I am happy with how it went :smile:)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending