The Student Room Group

SFE extra funding to complete degree?

Hello,

I would like some information on the likelihood of extra funding being provided in order for me to finish my degree.

I studied between 2018-2022

2018/19 - withdrew due to mental health
2019/20 - repeated first year (complete)
2020/21 - withdrew due to mental health
2021/22 - repeat second year (permanently withdrew due to severe deterioration in mental health)

Since permanently withdrawing in 2022, I was diagnosed with ADHD this year. This evidently impacted my previous years of study as I was unaware I was struggling with this at the time and it impacted my mental health resulting in my withdrawals.

I was studying BA Architecture
I have heard this course is treated as a 5 year continuous course due to Part 1 and Part 2 but can someone confirm this?

Would this mean with the calculation it would be 5 years + 1 gift year = 6 years total

In this case I have had 4 years previous study.

I have been offered the opportunity to complete my degree at another university potentially starting in 2nd year.

If I applied for CPR would I get 2 or even 3 years back (the ones I withdrew) due to this in order for me to complete my degree?

Or would I be able to apply for student finance and would it be approved based on the length of the course being 5 years. If this was the case would I have to self fund the Part 2 of my Architecture degree?

Many thanks
Original post by mxb1
Hello,

I would like some information on the likelihood of extra funding being provided in order for me to finish my degree.

I studied between 2018-2022

2018/19 - withdrew due to mental health
2019/20 - repeated first year (complete)
2020/21 - withdrew due to mental health
2021/22 - repeat second year (permanently withdrew due to severe deterioration in mental health)

Since permanently withdrawing in 2022, I was diagnosed with ADHD this year. This evidently impacted my previous years of study as I was unaware I was struggling with this at the time and it impacted my mental health resulting in my withdrawals.

I was studying BA Architecture
I have heard this course is treated as a 5 year continuous course due to Part 1 and Part 2 but can someone confirm this?

Would this mean with the calculation it would be 5 years + 1 gift year = 6 years total

In this case I have had 4 years previous study.

I have been offered the opportunity to complete my degree at another university potentially starting in 2nd year.

If I applied for CPR would I get 2 or even 3 years back (the ones I withdrew) due to this in order for me to complete my degree?

Or would I be able to apply for student finance and would it be approved based on the length of the course being 5 years. If this was the case would I have to self fund the Part 2 of my Architecture degree?

Many thanks

Hi there,

If you call us on 0300 100 0607 we can look into this and determine your eligibility. Thanks, Jason

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending