The Student Room Group
De Montfort University
De Montfort University
Leicester
Visit website

offer change?

Has anyone had any experience with an offer change?
I originally applied for child nursing, but it is now full so I have been offered adult. I really didn't want to do adult nursing and have no interest in it at all, but i would be willing to go for it if it meant i get into uni, and also dmu is the one i really wanted to study at. If i go for it, im afraid i may lose interest in it half way through and end up with a lower outcome.
Also, is there anyway i can integrate as much child nursing into adult as possible, and can i get a job in childrens nursing straight out of uni with an adult degree?
Original post by x-shania-x
Has anyone had any experience with an offer change?
I originally applied for child nursing, but it is now full so I have been offered adult. I really didn't want to do adult nursing and have no interest in it at all, but i would be willing to go for it if it meant i get into uni, and also dmu is the one i really wanted to study at. If i go for it, im afraid i may lose interest in it half way through and end up with a lower outcome.
Also, is there anyway i can integrate as much child nursing into adult as possible, and can i get a job in childrens nursing straight out of uni with an adult degree?

If I were in that position then I would get feedback and apply the following year or apply for child nursing courses elsewhere. Seems like a bad choice and very risky to do a curse you arent interested in. Focus on whats important.
De Montfort University
De Montfort University
Leicester
Visit website
I changed from an offer at midwifery to studying medical science...and I am doing really well however I wish I'd been braver and excepted an offer from a better university. I have had a really terrible time at de montfort so far and honestly wish I had never attended here. I just can't wait for my degree to be over so I can move to a better uni for masters or a grad scheme.
Just read this fully, would either look elsewhere for UCAS transition or whatever it's called if it's available on results day , if not like above said just wait til next year and work. I did this and changed my mind massively about my potential career path and my mind is still changing now. Embrace the time to get some more experience and reflect!
Reply 4
I know this post is a little old but thought I would offer a little information - DMU has 20 places a year on their child nursing course I believe its around 60 for adult nursing. If you really have no interest in Adult nursing then I personally wouldn't go for it. If DMU is your firm choice then as others have said get some feedback and try next year. If not maybe try other uni's.

Best of luck :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending