The Student Room Group

Missing conditions for a course, instead being considered for a different one?

Is it possible that I may miss my offer conditions for the course I originally applied for, and instead be considered for a different course, one which is less competitive? Particularly in regards to the top RG unis?
Original post by efijier
Is it possible that I may miss my offer conditions for the course I originally applied for, and instead be considered for a different course, one which is less competitive? Particularly in regards to the top RG unis?

Yes, this can happen. It's called an "unconditional change of course". It's unconditional because the university making the offer knows your grades and knows they'd be happy to accept you on the alternate course. In UCAS Hub you'd see a message like this:

Unconditional Course Change - Offers received.JPG
Any university can make such an offer - including those which are members of the Russell Group.
Reply 2
Original post by DataVenia
Yes, this can happen. It's called an "unconditional change of course". It's unconditional because the university making the offer knows your grades and knows they'd be happy to accept you on the alternate course. In UCAS Hub you'd see a message like this:

Unconditional Course Change - Offers received.JPG
Any university can make such an offer - including those which are members of the Russell Group.

How would you accept it, if it looks like that? Is it advisable that you inform your university too ahead of results day if you're interested in another course perhaps?
Original post by efijier
How would you accept it, if it looks like that?

Well, that's not an easy question to answer, as it would depend on whether it was your firm or insurance offer which made you the unconditional course change offer, and it would depend on what kind of offer you'd received from the other university.

See the table below for how you accept such an offer, in which these terms are used:
UCC: Unconditional Course Change
UF: Unconditional firm
CF: Conditional firm
UF: Unconditional insurance
CF: Conditional insurance

Unconditional Course Change.png
Original post by efijier
Is it advisable that you inform your university too ahead of results day if you're interested in another course perhaps?

I doubt that it'd make much difference, to be honest - although it couldn't do any harm. However, it might be worth contacting them to ask if they have a policy of making unconditional course change offers to those who don't meet their offer grades.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending