The Student Room Group

Contextual Offers

I applied to medicine and have an interview soon. Originally when I applied I did not fill in a form to let the university know that I should be a part of the contextual offer scheme as I only met one of the requirements (2 needed). However, circumstances have changed and now I meet the 2 requirements. Does anyone think that I would be able to receive the contextual offer or is it too late?
Original post by veepstake
I applied to medicine and have an interview soon. Originally when I applied I did not fill in a form to let the university know that I should be a part of the contextual offer scheme as I only met one of the requirements (2 needed). However, circumstances have changed and now I meet the 2 requirements. Does anyone think that I would be able to receive the contextual offer or is it too late?

Have you told the university about the change in your circumstances?
It's up to the uni - it may also depend when your circumstances changed and what eivdence you can provide.
Reply 3
Original post by Admit-One
It's up to the uni - it may also depend when your circumstances changed and what eivdence you can provide.

Thanks for your reply, do you have any idea if they would still consider it if it's fairly recent (a month or so ago)?
Original post by veepstake
Thanks for your reply, do you have any idea if they would still consider it if it's fairly recent (a month or so ago)?

I have known unis to amend offers to be contextual in similar circumstances. But it's up to the uni whether they want to do this, they're within their rights to just stick to the info that was presented in the UCAS app or associated form if they needed one.

At the end of the day you've nothing to lose by checking with them.
You can update the university anytime after applying if your situation changes regarding contextual. The university can revise their offer if they have already sent you one. UCL states this clearly on their website so I believe it is quite common.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending