The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

What people forget is that Satanism is a form of Catholicism and Christianity. These religions created the devil, therefore it's just another branch of it. It annoyed me when people picked on my wiccan friend, saying she worshiped the devil. I looked into the religion a lot as it's full of interesting things, and, guess what, THERE'S NO DEVIL according to them.

As long as he doesn't force his religion onto other people, then he can worship computer keyboards or floor tiles for all I care. He's still human.
pixiepeep
What people forget is that Satanism is a form of Catholicism and Christianity. These religions created the devil, therefore it's just another branch of it. It annoyed me when people picked on my wiccan friend, saying she worshiped the devil. I looked into the religion a lot as it's full of interesting things, and, guess what, THERE'S NO DEVIL according to them.

As long as he doesn't force his religion onto other people, then he can worship computer keyboards or floor tiles for all I care. He's still human.

:confused: I don't understand! Isn't the point of Satanism to worship Satan, the so-called Devil???
FrisbeeFan
:confused: I don't understand! Isn't the point of Satanism to worship Satan, the so-called Devil???

Nope - devil worshipers worship the devil, satanists worship themselves :smile:
Reply 23
Bekaboo
See that doesn't sound so bad (my goodness am i saying this?!) but BBC news did actually say that he would be allowed to practice "satanic rituals"... :eek:

Satanic rituals are not about slaughtering animals and stuff. The religion has kinda grown up!! Its usually more like Wicka and Witchcraft, just chants over pentagrams and stuff. Its really not as bad as it has been hyped by the church. Tbh I would rather be a satanist than a christian. Christians scare the **** out of me. :biggrin:
Dr. Blazed
Why the hell not ?

Absolutely :biggrin:
Reply 25
Well lets just wait and see if any of our ships are mysteriously struck by lightening and sunk :tongue:.
Reply 26
it wasnt satanists who named themselves "satanists", it was the catholic church that named them "satanists", because they were a threat, and now they had an excuse to lock them up or burn them at the stake.

(or at least thats the impression i got from dan brown)

Latest

Trending

Trending