The Student Room Group

GovPol Reading

Hey everyone, I am a year 11 who just finished their exams, going into year 12 in September. One of my a levels is government and politics (edexcel) and I was wondering if there is one book I should read over the summer to support my learning in the subject, what should it be?
Reply 1
Original post by SensationsOfLife
Hey everyone, I am a year 11 who just finished their exams, going into year 12 in September. One of my a levels is government and politics (edexcel) and I was wondering if there is one book I should read over the summer to support my learning in the subject, what should it be?

okay this may not be exactly what you want to hear but I'd say it's probably more helpful to read the news every day like by subscribing to a newspaper or just on the BBC app as it's really useful for essays to be able to have up to date examples which you can apply to things you've learnt.

also there's the rest is politics podcast which i've been told is good (i don't like podcasts but you might) or the bbc documentaries on margaret thatcher, david cameron, and blair and brown which are all very useful and interesting.

good luck! :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest