The Student Room Group

Foundation year science degree

I haven't done any science a levels but would like to study sciences at university. I am looking into doing a foundation degree then goi
(edited 5 years ago)
How is anyone else to know what may interest you and why should they have to do your research for you? Check what uni entry requirements are and what they offer. It can all be found online.
Original post by Jadelsxox
I haven't done any science a levels but would like to study sciences at university. I am looking into doing a foundation degree then going onto doing a science degree (at the moment preferably leaning towards biomedical science). I go to a high achieving sixth form on average get As so far (im in year 12), so I am looking for russell group unis. I currently really like UCL's Arts and Sciences degree as it can combine my humanities subjects which I currently do with my aspiration to go into the science field. However, I don't know if they do like a foundation year in science to get that science background before I can go in and start the course. Would really appreciate so help on this, and if you know any other similar ways that may interest me. Thanks.
Original post by Jadelsxox
I’m not asking anyone to do research for me. I have been researching into this since January and asked my teachers but they haven’t been much help, hence why I came on here. All I was asking is if anyone knows if UCL or and other Russell group unis do foundation years in any fields of science e.g biomedical science. And when I said anything else that may interest me I mean like if someone may be able to kindly share another pathway or option for someone who’s picked the wrong subjects. Saying to check uni entry requirements shows you haven’t read what I wrote as that is where my problem lies. Your comment was very unhelpful for a year 12 student who is currently worried thinking they have made very wrong choices that could impact their later education negatively.

Sorry if the truth hurts hun but it’s very easy to just go on uni websites and check if they do foundation years. Of course it’s unhelpful if you want someone to do something for you and they don’t but why should they. If you have the time to post this then you have the time to go on google and do a bit of searching. I’m not sure what I’m supposed to have read. You’ve asked people to search for foundation years for you and I’ve told you to do it yourself! Your teachers probably haven’t been much help for the same reason. Good luck!
(edited 5 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending